+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Hi,

I have a question, My parents were in Canada when I made the application. I think because of this my application is being processed in CPC-Mississauga. Now my parents are not in Canada and my application is in the last two steps, that is Biometrics and PPR. We just got the Bio request yesterday.

Now my question is, If my parents do the Biometrics in India, do the file get transferred to India for PPR? Or is it better for them to do the biometrics in Canada?

Thanks.
Did you update them about where your parents are right now? If not you should inform them via webform. Then the biometrics they can also do that in India and PPR also because you informed IRCC where your parents are.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
I've got a similar letter when I sent a part of the docs and requested extension for PCC. Blue is standard wording, mine had the same. They are simply telling you that they need those docs to make the decision.
I sent PPC and other docs to that email.I am not sure how that works for fingerprints. MyCIC status changed from "we need docs" to "docs received" in 3 business days after that submission.

1. Hello, Friends I received this letter on November 27, 2019 for mother's bio request after 2months from father's bio request(Sept 18,2019). My mother already visited canada on supervisa in early 2019. I assumed she doesnot required biometrics but I got this request. (Bio done November 29, 2019).
so guys is it normal?

2. I have sent all documents to IRCC via email.(highlighte on yellow )
Is it right way to send requested documents?

3. Highlighted in blue: It is very hard to understand for me, Is there any more request other then biometrics?

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.

As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.

Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:
“A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

000000UCI - Mother's name:
> Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints You are required to submit Biometrics in support of this application. Please follow the Biometrics instruction letter previously sent to you. You have 30 days from the date of the instruction letter to complete the requirement.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/27

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.

If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND. THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE REISSUED.

Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

IMPORTANT:

In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to: IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
**Please include “PGP-APR” in the subject line of the email**

<rest omitted>

Reactions: dp25688

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
1. Hello, Friends I received this letter on November 27, 2019 for mother's bio request after 2months from father's bio request(Sept 18,2019). My mother already visited canada on supervisa in early 2019. I assumed she doesnot required biometrics but I got this request. (Bio done November 29, 2019).
so guys is it normal?

2. I have sent all documents to IRCC via email.(highlighte on yellow )
Is it right way to send requested documents?

3. Highlighted in blue: It is very hard to understand for me, Is there any more request other then biometrics?

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.

As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.

Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:
“A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

000000UCI - Mother's name:
> Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints You are required to submit Biometrics in support of this application. Please follow the Biometrics instruction letter previously sent to you. You have 30 days from the date of the instruction letter to complete the requirement.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/27

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.

If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND. THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE REISSUED.

Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

IMPORTANT:

In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to: IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
**Please include “PGP-APR” in the subject line of the email**

Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence addressed to:
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR
PO BOX 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

Additionally, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx Please note:
 Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation completed by a certified translator, and a copy of the original document.
 Please send us scanned or photocopied versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.
 Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
 You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately. Changes to your contact information should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

Sincerely,
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR
Did they ask for bio before? Did you provided it??

anil51138

Jan 8, 2016
Hi,

I received invitation in June and so far no application number received. Is there any one who got it for June invitees?

Regards
Anil

BANEET

Mar 16, 2015
Good Afternoon All,

Today we received Bio Request from NDVO after my parents done with their medicals last month , Please guide how we can book Bio request from Canada as when ever we try to book it says "This time period is not available, please choose another date/time.".

Please advice ,Thanks in Advance

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
They never ask bio for mother before, I got single bio request for father before which was done on time.
There are some missing communication somewhere..call IRCC and mention you never got bio for your mom and now asked to provide the finger prints

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Sorry forgot - 26 June 2019

what is your Application received date?

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: robertp

dp25688

Mar 16, 2015
I've got a similar letter when I sent a part of the docs and requested extension for PCC. Blue is standard wording, mine had the same. They are simply telling you that they need those docs to make the decision.
I sent PPC and other docs to that email.I am not sure how that works for fingerprints. MyCIC status changed from "we need docs" to "docs received" in 3 business days after that submission.
My "Mycic" status doesn't say any documents require, I just got generic email for PCC, Country specific docs. , Passport copies, CV ect.(which is different letter). I have sent all documents to provided email but never received any conformation or update that ensure they received all document copies.

for Bio request is updated after Bio completed for mother.

Reactions: kisunja

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I didn't have birth certificate either but had an no record found certificate which said that municipality tried to look for old records and could not find any record of birth for my mum in 3 consecutive years eg 1960-1963.. And I attached the voter card, adhaard card and matric certificate.

BUT also I am still waiting for final decision yet :)
Hmm.. 'No record found' is definitely a valid replacement for 'birth certificate'. I actually have quite a complicated situation and wanted to see if you or anyone in this forum can advise. Both my parents have prepared affidavits in lieu of birth certificates. In the case of my mother, her name in school certificates is different (both first and last name) and we have proper name change documents (Gazette notes etc.) that prove both belong to the same person. However, I now realize on the General application form (IMM0008), I failed to indicate she had used another name in the past. How do you suggest I approach this. I am thinking maybe I should contact CIC (call or webform) and add her maiden name to the application? This way, I can attach her school certificates without issues. Alternatively, I can avoid sending her school certificates and only use her affidavit and voter ID (but not so sure about this since school certificates seem to be a necessity in the case of missing birth certificates).

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello All,
Seems like I rushed to book appointment for my parents Biometrics based on SA letter. They just went to do biometric but officer told them they would need separate letter requesting Biometric from CIC.Se seems like although SA letter mentioned about additional documents but they will send separate letter for Biometrics.
I will appreciate if experts on this forum can tell me if I am correct Or wrong.
Many Thanks!
That’s right you will get a separate letter for
Biometrics with some kind of bar codes.

Reactions: chaalubaba