+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jpasion

Apr 27, 2019
@robertp I got SA letter just now Dec 6, 2019 at 6:23PM. They said application will be forwarded to Manila for processing. PA is my mom and she’s with me in Canada and my father along with 3 siblings are in Philippines

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp
Please update line 500 - Iryna K (please change parents country of origin from United Kingdom to Ukraine)

Dec 6 - got email with the following content:
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to London for further processing.

Does that mean that the decision was made?

Reactions: robertp

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello guys need help
I got a request for biometrics on December 02 and appointment made for December 09
Medical request on December 04
Appointment made December 12
Decision made at SA on December 4
Now I got a letter saying that your application is forwarded to Mississauga office and there is list of documents such as
Copy of passport
Biometrics
Police certificate
Travel history
CV
Do I need to submit all these documents again. As I already submitt copy of passport and travel history with the file. Please help thanka

chaalubaba

Apr 30, 2019
Dear All,
I would appreciate your guidance to the following points
In SA letter received, it ask for
1)copy of passport ( include all pages) - do we need to scan the passport for both parents and make PDF to submit?
2)
Biometric - Has anyone done biometric from Mumbai India? Do we need to pay separately? How long does it take? ITs taking me to VAF global office in mahalaxmi but live chat is disabled?
3)Police certificate from India - it directs me to the Passport office but their link is not active. Does any from India faced same problem? How did they get police certificate and how long it takes them in Mumbai?
4)Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Not sure what do I need for India?
5)CV/Resume - My parents are retired, not sure how to format it?

The letter does not say anything about Medical exam, does that things separate from Biometric? When do we get separate letter for that?

Thank you for your help and time in advance!

WaterFamily

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi Admin!
Please update. Got SA letter approved today. London.

how is london processing the app??? Are they fast or slow??? Thanks

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Medical exam form is separate from Biometric. When do we get separate letter for that-->Please check my time line.

If you received sponsored email then check myCIC account. It may have attachment for biometric. I have both biometric and medical forms in myCIC.

Last edited:

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
  • PCC request: 2019/12/06
  • Additional document / travel history request date :Supplementary Information - Your Travels - IMM 5562, Details of Military Service - IMM 5546, CV/Resume, Country Specific Requirements, Police Certificate,Passport/Travel Document.
@robertp @laxsun

Reactions: laxsun

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
@robertp @YULIA-2016 Update to line 352 - just received SA letter. File being transferred to Mexico. Was hoping we would have CPC-Mississauga since my mom has been here on supervisa and the address on file is ours, plus we submitted the Representative form. Not sure how they go about tranferring files. Oh well, I hope Mexico moves at a steady pace to process things.

Reactions: laxsun

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
@robertp I got SA letter just now Dec 6, 2019 at 6:23PM. They said application will be forwarded to Manila for processing. PA is my mom and she’s with me in Canada and my father along with 3 siblings are in Philippines
as letter mentions "
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

PA's mailing address is Mississauga(as I'm an authorized Representative) while residential address is India.

Last edited:

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Has anyone noticed this in SA letter:
"In order to minimize delays, if we do not already have a contact e-mail address for your relative, please have your relative submit a valid email address through our client web form:"

I mentioned my email id (as I am representative for PA) as per the section CONTACT INFORMATION SECTION 1 in imm0008enu.pdf form:
"
Current mailing address
- All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your e-mail address below.
- Indicating an e-mail address will authorize all correspondence, including file and personal information, to be sent to the e-mail address you specify.
- If you wish to authorize the release of information from your application to a representative, indicate their e-mail and mailing address(es) in this section and on the IMM5476 form

"

Do we still have to update PA's email id if I'm an authorized representative?