+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
No, EI and Social assistance are quite different. Social assistance (welfare) will disqualify you from sponsoring your parents.
But better to find employment soon. If you believe in yourself, it will not be hard to be re-employed.
Thanks for your reply. My case started to process in November 7 and has not yet DM, which takes longer the usual.

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
You can get a duplicate Birth Certificate made from the municipal office. See earlier post in the forum

It will be easy for you as you are just requesting an updated Birth Certificate.
Firstly I only have 15 days to submit it, Secondly do I actually have to submit all of the documents listed above ?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Firstly I only have 15 days to submit it, Secondly do I actually have to submit all of the documents listed above ?
You should submit what you have, and offer an explanation/ justification on what you don't have. Meanwhile:

-see if you can enhance the information on Birth Certificate
-see if parents can obtain duplicate ones. Worth trying, perhaps you may get same /next day given that you already have a birth certificate.

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
You should submit what you have, and offer an explanation/ justification on what you don't have. Meanwhile:

-see if you can enhance the information on Birth Certificate
-see if parents can obtain duplicate ones. Worth trying, perhaps you may get same /next day given that you already have a birth certificate.
Parents are here from last 2 years. And I will see what I can do, Thank you
Quick question parents are going to India on Dec 5 as they will be completing their 2 years on Super visa, do you think I should inform CIC about it, is there a need to tell them as they are only going for a month? Or is there any other option for them to extend their stay here as Supervisa only allows you 2 years.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Parents are here from last 2 years. And I will see what I can do, Thank you
Quick question parents are going to India on Dec 5 as they will be completing their 2 years on Super visa, do you think I should inform CIC about it, is there a need to tell them as they are only going for a month? Or is there any other option for them to extend their stay here as Supervisa only allows you 2 years.
Apply for the extension and you will get for 6 months to 1 year extension or more depends on the officer reviewing your extension request.

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Apply for the extension and you will get for 6 months to 1 year extension or more depends on the officer reviewing your extension request.
what is the process if you can please guide and how long does it take to get it approved?

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I haven’t written here on a while and well it’s because I’m frustrated with this process
I can’t believe that today it has been 3 months since the CSQ application was received and still I haven’t received the document. These guys are barely working, last week it said processing until August 26th and this week it says until August 27, so in a week they only worked on the applications for a day ???
In addition the application is still stuck in application received and Mexico hasn’t sent a thing (sent there 3 months ago) no AOR, no request for documents, nothing. I just think that the application is gathering dust in an office waiting for Quebec

aki

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th Jan, 2014
AOR Received.
22nd Feb, 2014
File Transfer...
25th Feb, 2014
Med's Done....