+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Mom's LVO is CPC-Mississauga. But currently she is in India for the last two months and will be there till Jan 2020. She can complete medicals in India . Correct? Can anyone please confirm.
From what I read so far, biometrics and medicals can done from anywhere in the world. But not completely sure

Can anyone answer this? Please help.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
But that is a computer generated letter. Does that make a difference?
They mentioned it just in case you were in many different countries more than 6 months since age of 18, for example your were in the us for 1 years at age of 22. In Dubai for 2 years at age of 26. If you are at age of 30 now. You need 2 ppcs for these 2 countries.

TheBen

Nov 26, 2019
I keep it concise: sponsoring my mom and brother (dep under 21). My brother is already in Canada as student. Received the biometrics request for my mom, she needs to go to a VAC. Now wondering if my brother also need to do that? The letter does not mention any dependent. He's already done it last year when getting the study permit and he's in Canada. Any clarification is much appreciated.
Thanks

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I keep it concise: sponsoring my mom and brother (dep under 21). My brother is already in Canada as student. Received the biometrics request for my mom, she needs to go to a VAC. Now wondering if my brother also need to do that? The letter does not mention any dependent. He's already done it last year when getting the study permit and he's in Canada. Any clarification is much appreciated.
Thanks
CIC send individual BIO letter for PA and Dep. If you don't get it, that means he doesn't need it

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Need your help. I think, I am in trouble.
My mom is a June4th applicant. She was in Canada till mid -Aug on visitor visa and went back to India to attend some family functions and still is there. Initial plan was to attend those functions and come back to Canada by end of September. However, I read about biometrics not being available in Canada , so I asked her to continue in India itself. She just received MR and Biometrics request which she will do in Hyderabad, India next week and she also has to apply for PCC which may take another 4 weeks. So , once PCC comes, I can submit all the requested documents and she will be back in Canada ( around Jan 10 again on existing visitor visa and continue the rest of process). Everything looks okay so far.
However, when we submitted the application, I gave my Canada address as her residence address as initial plan was different. Except for a month ( Aug-September), she was supposed to spend all her time here in Canada. Due to her residence being my Canada address, the LVO assigned is Mississauga office.
Now, will this be a problem? I think, I should have updated it somewhere. Do you suggest , I need to send explanation letter on what happened?
Please share your thoughts. I am really concerned.

rohin1986

Nov 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016 , @robertp

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:india
  • Sponsor Province:AB
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25,2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 12,2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): October 11,2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Application Received
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. Application Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office : Delhi
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: laxsun and robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Need your help. I think, I am in trouble.
My mom is a June4th applicant. She was in Canada till mid -Aug on visitor visa and went back to India to attend some family functions and still is there. Initial plan was to attend those functions and come back to Canada by end of September. However, I read about biometrics not being available in Canada , so I asked her to continue in India itself. She just received MR and Biometrics request which she will do in Hyderabad, India next week and she also has to apply for PCC which may take another 4 weeks. So , once PCC comes, I can submit all the requested documents and she will be back in Canada ( around Jan 10 again on existing visitor visa and continue the rest of process). Everything looks okay so far.
However, when we submitted the application, I gave my Canada address as her residence address as initial plan was different. Except for a month ( Aug-September), she was supposed to spend all her time here in Canada. Due to her residence being my Canada address, the LVO assigned is Mississauga office.
Now, will this be a problem? I think, I should have updated it somewhere. Do you suggest , I need to send explanation letter on what happened?
Please share your thoughts. I am really concerned.
Nothing need to be send to CIC and this is not an issue for the application processing.

rohin1986

Nov 25, 2019
need urgent help !!!

applied for PGP, got invitation, documents received at CIC missisauga.

lost the job, can I apply for EI (Employment insurance)? would that effect the sponsorship application?

Would really appreciate information about what can I do and what i can't.