+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello
Two weeks ago, my mom flew back to IRAN from CANADA after her 6 months of stay here. The day that she left, CPC-M sent a biometrics request email since she was no longer in Canada and was not bio exempt anymore. (even though she has done bio two times in the past 6 years)
I booked an appointment for her to do Bio in Istanbul, Turkey since there is no VAC in IRAN. It cost her close to a thousand dollars for urgent flight and hotel in Turkey.

Tmrw she has her bio appointment.
My question is how long after her bio appointment, will it be reflected in MYCIC account? and when it is reflected in MYCIC, does it mean that the immigration officer knows that BIO has been completed or we still have to wait for him to get back to our file? Do I have to inform them of completion of bio?

Thanks for your help
Almost immediately it will show in your CIC account.

Reactions: deleter

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Thank you @bdidol for the swift response, my application was received on June 4, ECAS was activated on Sep 23, AOR on Sep 30, since then i have not seen any updates.
Cheers
I'm in a similar situation! my application was received on June 4th, ECAS was activated on Sep 18th, AOR on Sep 30th. Patiently waiting for an update! Hopefully we hear back soon.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
What does it mean when it shows in my cic...”we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello

Can someone suggest me on this situation:
My parents are coming to Canada on Dec 07 for 6-7 months (We waited a lot to get their biometrics but now due to personal reasons I need them here & can’t wait more)
I am May 10th applicant, in process since Aug 08. So my application is stuck in process for more than 3 months.
Next week, as soon as my parents arrive here, should I send a web form to inform about change in home address and also request an exemption for biometrics?
If I request exemption for bio, I know there is very less chance of getting that now, but would it delay my application more?
I am eagerly waiting for news of opening bio collection centres in Canada but there is no confirm news yet.
Can someone suggest something on this exemption thing?

Reactions: joyus and ZOYAMAN13

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello

Can someone suggest me on this situation:
My parents are coming to Canada on Dec 07 for 6-7 months (We waited a lot to get their biometrics but now due to personal reasons I need them here & can’t wait more)
I am May 10th applicant, in process since Aug 08. So my application is stuck in process for more than 3 months.
Next week, as soon as my parents arrive here, should I send a web form to inform about change in home address and also request an exemption for biometrics?
If I request exemption for bio, I know there is very less chance of getting that now, but would it delay my application more?
I am eagerly waiting for news of opening bio collection centres in Canada but there is no confirm news yet.
Can someone suggest something on this exemption thing?
Sorry to hear that...but if they decide you need BIO, there would not be an exemption.

I would recommend to send a webform as soon as they are here, advising there "New Residence" is in Canada and how long they will stay in this "Canadian Address". Also I would recommend to apply for US visa to be prepared. If they consider your address change and provide you an exemption, all well and good. Otherwise, you would be prepared to travel to US.

Reactions: calgary17

dimbo888

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
@GBH

Following is mentioned in the above link

"an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old."

So if it was mentioned in any PCC request that they need from age of 18, it should be from age 18
But that is a computer generated letter. Does that make a difference?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Sorry to hear that...but if they decide you need BIO, there would not be an exemption.

I would recommend to send a webform as soon as they are here, advising there "New Residence" is in Canada and how long they will stay in this "Canadian Address". Also I would recommend to apply for US visa to be prepared. If they consider your address change and provide you an exemption, all well and good. Otherwise, you would be prepared to travel to US.
Thank you.
I’ll do all this.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
******** Urgent Help Required What should I do please advice as I have only 15 days to submit these documents.

Proof of Relationship: Please provide your birth certificate as proof of relationship to
the principal applicant. The birth certificate already provided with this application is of poor quality and
does not appear to list a date of birth and/or the date of birth cannot be seen. Please ensure your birth
certificate is legible in all areas.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/11- How do I make dates clear on the Birth Certificate
> Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide
your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and
Matriculation/secondary school certificate).
This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/11- I don't have Voter Card, Aadhar card and Fifth class Certificate but I have other ones for proof
> Proof of Relationship: Please provide a copy of your Indian passport/Overseas Citizen
Card that includes the bio-data page (the page with your photo and document information) and the
demographics page (the page with the name of your father, mother, spouse, address, and old passport
number).
This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/11 - I have this to for proof

I have received this email this morning and I don't know how do I make the dates clear on the birth certificate clear( do i have any option or someone else has been in this situation) and also don't have Voter id card, Aadhar card were not made at that time when I came here, and also I don't have Fifth class Certificate.

All I have is the same birth certificate, 8th,10th and 12th Certificate, Indian Passport for the proof any suggestions are very much appreciated.

dl3152

Aug 13, 2019
@robertp

Please update line 158. MyCIC shows "Approved We're done processing your application" on Nov 20, received the passport back from VAC Beijing on Nov 26 (China time), expiry date of the visa is 2 days before the expiry date of medical exam.

Thanks

Reactions: shellyp and robertp