+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Everyone.....
I received Bio request for my mother today.
Which I plan to set up at the earliest.
My questions are ...
SA still shows In process - is that normal
PA address shows my address instead of her home address.
I'm the representative on her account tho.
At the border do I tell them I'm going for biometrics.
Or do I tell them shopping ...and do I need to take any return air tickets to shows the border agents.
Please do reply....thanks
Yes it's normal. At the border, DON"T mention anything about bio. Just make a travel and shopping plan.

Reactions: amop

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
No, I thought no it said something like
'you do not require a medical we will contact you if this changes'.
Medicals only last 12 months so we were expecting to have to do it again.
Mine was showing similar msg this morning, I got the IME request after lunch.

Reactions: fjle

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello fellow forum users,

I need an advise or suggestion regarding dealing with the issue;

I got a letter from CIC regarding my parents application it includes Medical, PCC and other bunch of docs required. The medical letter has my Canadian address (I filled up the forms when they were here with me in Canada on Super visa, but after spending year they left) and not the Pakistani address. Is that an issue while going for medical in Pak? Secondly, I moved from my previous address mentioned in my forms to new address, which I updated online but never sent the email to them. Please comment thanks.
Only one answer I can give you for sure: Your parents can do medical in their home country with the designated medical practitioner when you receive medical requests.

You are not in the tracker. If you are in tracker you can understand what is happening to applications sent near to your date. To be in tracker see below in the signature part:

sourav987

Star Member
Sep 28, 2010
Hello fellow forum users,

I need an advise or suggestion regarding dealing with the issue;

I got a letter from CIC regarding my parents application it includes Medical, PCC and other bunch of docs required. The medical letter has my Canadian address (I filled up the forms when they were here with me in Canada on Super visa, but after spending year they left) and not the Pakistani address. Is that an issue while going for medical in Pak? Secondly, I moved from my previous address mentioned in my forms to new address, which I updated online but never sent the email to them. Please comment thanks.

I had exactly the same issue. So i called CIC. they said that's totally okay.

Stardust2019

Feb 2, 2019
You will receive the medical request soon.
Hi:

My MIL myCIC account also showed the same information since this morning. We received the medical request email few minutes back. We got an email that their is new messagein MyCIC account and when logged in it shows the medical request.

How do I know which LVO visa office. Both Biometrics and Medical request document shows our Canadian address for my MIL even though we used her back home address in application.

Rushdanalb

Jul 13, 2018
I am May 15 and also got stuck for a very long time with no further notice. I believe it’s just that we mid May applicants are not so lucky compared to others. All we can do is wait cuz it’s CIC, the biggest non transparent organization in Canada.

if after one month there’s still no update I’ll call my MP cuz it’s ridiculous.

Hey i think you should request for gcms notes.

Jun 11, 2019
@YULIA-2016
please update my details to the spreadsheet.
Xingxingxiangying
Sponsored: parents
Province: AB
Application Received: May 7th
ECAS update : DM2 on Nov 25
Submit PPC and current Hukou on Oct 17th by email
CIC VO: requestd old hukou and birth medical record on Nov 8th , submit the request documents on Nov 17th

Stardust2019

Feb 2, 2019
did you mention same email for MIL as well ?
We used different email for my MIL in her application and for my wife's SA application used hers. I am the co-sponsor and used mine and also as representative I used my email address.

We didn't get any notification either my or wife's email address. The only email notification we are getting is through myCIC for my MIL where we created an account for her and used her email address for profile which is where we are getting the notification. It's kind of weird but at least we are getting the messages :)

Stardust2019

Feb 2, 2019
Hey i think you should request for gcms notes.
Hi :

Did you sponsor any of the parents (MIL ) before or your spouse where the agreement is still active and also did you receive any student loan stuff coz that's when they send verification letter/email to the respective province for confirmation to SA approval. In my case it took little over 4 weeks but i ordered GCMS right after one week into In Process of SA. Most of the people are getting SA done less than a week unless like my scenario. Ordering GCMS helps both ways, gives you the inside of the file to know what's happening also someone pokes into your file to get the GCMS note ready and a lot of the times things starts happening to people's file after ordering GCMS.