+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Yes less hassle and less costly. Seems like they came up with this RCMP idea in the mid way of the application processing. So many families were asked for a BIO when parents are here, it's been a big headache for all of them.
But it only has my dad's requirement does my mom need one as well?

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
As lot of people got confused with the CPC M letter, here are the main points of it:

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please submit as soon as possible:

1. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) - If you not paid already, pay it.

2. Passport: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

3. Biometrics : Saying you will get a BIO letter and have to do it at that time.

4. Police Certificate: Saying there will be no separate PCC request. PA and dependent should have the PCC and send it asap. PCC from Canada is not required.

5. Supplementary Information – Travel history (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.

6. Country Specific Doc: Only applicable if you already didn't provide them to IRCC with the application. These are additional doc requested by IRCC and applicable based on the country. Select "spouse" in the link, whatever is listed under country specific requirement section, you have to provide those docs for applicants/dependents.

Example: For India you have to provide the Birth Certificate (or if the birth certificate is not available Voter ID card and School certificates) for PA and dependents.

7. CV/Resume: Provide a CV for the principal applicant and dependant spouse detailing education and employment information from the age of 18. The CV format can be kept very simple such as:

Name, Last Name
Current address
Phone number

Date of birth
Info about education (names of the schools, dates)
Employment (dates, names of the companies, positions and list of duties)
Personal info (family staus, children, hobbies and interests)

Send the documents by email to: with a subject line - PGP-APR
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

this post here is gold. i found it only now. posting it again for others to find.

NOTE - THIS IS NEEDED ONLY WHEN YOU GET ANOTHER LETTER REQUESTING THESE DETAILS

Can someone help on how much time we have to send this in? I cannot get into an explanation but I need to delay the process a bit. I want me parents to come here for PR entry only in summer of 2012 because of some health and personal reasons.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
this post here is gold. i found it only now. posting it again for others to find.

Can someone help on how much time we have to send this in? I cannot get into an explanation but I need to delay the process a bit. I want me parents to come here for PR entry only in summer of 2012 because of some health and personal reasons.
Hi there,
Once we submit these documents via email, how do they let us know whether they received it or not ? Within how many days after submission we get DM ? TIA

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

There is no time frame mentioned. The standard CIC time line is 30 days. If you unable to send these by that time, I would recommend to send them a note explaining why there will be a delay. It will increase the processing time also.

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi there,
Once we submit these documents via email, how do they let us know whether they received it or not ? Within how many days after submission we get DM ? TIA
I submitted documents on Oct 22 including PCC . I have also not heard back guess they dont send you any response .

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Hi Guys, i submitted my parents application on June 24th and haven't received anything from CIC yet. Not even an email that we have received your file. I can't access ECAS anymore with my UCI (I am a citizen now). let me know what would be the next step or do i need to contact cic?

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi Guys, i submitted my parents application on June 24th and haven't received anything from CIC yet. Not even an email that we have received your file. I can't access ECAS anymore with my UCI (I am a citizen now). let me know what would be the next step or do i need to contact cic?
Even though you are citizen now , UCI remains the same . YOu are not seeing the status because they have not opened your file yet . You dont have to worry at this point of time

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun
Update following info in tracker if needed.

Username: rax7187#2
Submitted following documents on 20th November 2019.
- Passport/Travel Document - all pages - stamped and blank of Principal Applicant and Dependent.
- CV/Resume of Principal Applicant and Dependent
- Police Clearance Certificate from India (Obtained via Passport Seva Kendra - Took two weeks which includes Police Verification and Some Money)
- Supplementary Information - Your Travels IMM5562e of Principal Applicant which includes dependent spouse information as well.
- Country Specific Information (India) - They didn't have Birth certificate so I have submitted Voter ID + Aadhaar ID + School Leaving Certificate.

Documents sent via Sponsor's email and mentioned Application Number in the email along with some additional information that help CPC agent to upload given documents to right application.

Documents sent in multiple email with subject PGP-APR.

CIC Agent told me to verify document upload after a week of time if it doesn't show up in My CIC.
Hi Rax,

I am exactly at same this point where I have to submit all these documents. Only thing I am confused here is about sending PCC over email. Is that OK? of I have to send actual PCC copy via mail from India (by my parents).

Also, did you confirm with agent about all documents including PCC to be emailed to address as shared in letter itself?

Also, do you have any CV/resume format to shared?

Thanks,

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi there,
They do not acknowledge receipt of the documents if you send them via email, for me it was 15 days from sending documents to to getting DM for PA.

Reactions: macwhitby