+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Got an email yesterday. I guess this officially confirms application has been accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to your application to sponsor your parent(s) or grandparent(s) (PGP) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx under the Family Class.
Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019.

Your application number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence related to this file. This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records.

Important information about using a representative:
A Use of Representative form (IMM 5476) must be submitted with an immigration application if the applicant used the services of a representative (such as an immigration consultant or lawyer) to help them prepare their application, or if the applicant wishes to appoint a representative (friend or family member) to conduct business on their behalf with IRCC.

If you appointed a representative and the IMM 5476 was correctly completed and signed, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the representative’s email or mailing address.

When submitting your PGP application:
 If a paid or unpaid representative’s address was used as the mailing address for the sponsor or principal applicant on the application and a completed and signed IMM 5476 was not submitted; or
 If a paid representative was appointed using a IMM5476 but is not in good standing; and/or
 The IMM 5476 you submitted was not correctly completed and/or signed as required to appoint a paid or unpaid representative;
when was your app recieved ?

Rushdanalb

Jul 13, 2018
In GCSM notes, they called is as "social assistance check". We sponsored in-laws last year. I think, CIC checks whether they got social assistance.
Due to Alberta not answering, my file is still in progress. I do not see other cause for so long delay.

did it take you 2 months to receive the gcms notes?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I still see the progress bar. It's always said 24 months for me.
I still have it too. It said 24 months always on progress bar but when you check processing time status on CIC website- it says 20 to 24 months.so not sure if that is an update or old stuff?

Netesteph

Jan 31, 2019
@robertp decison made for sponsor, PA status changed from in process back to application received (this also happened with Sponsor status).

FYI. Ghost update in my cic “profile update”. Background check and eligibility status changed to “we are reviewing eligibility” and “we are processing your background check...” background check used to be “not applicable”

Wonder how long to PA DM after this?