+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DP_7025

Sep 8, 2019
Has anyone provided biometrics after the due date mentioned in the letter?
I did. I have asked for extension for bio before 30 days time is over. Got response that your request was forwarded to concerned department.
Gave bio 10 days after original deadline date. Instantly it was updated in my cic account with bio number and validity of 10 years. 2 weeks later got email saying my extension request have been granted and gave me time to go for bio before 30 Nov.
As mycic already shows bio submitted with submission date and validity, i am not worried about acceptance.

Reactions: Ramona2019

DP_7025

Sep 8, 2019
cant they find in the system that if persons appointment is booked with USCIS for biometrics?
tell them that you have appointment with USCIS. You will be back in day or two. All they want to know is how long you intend to stay in USA. I did the same way at sweet grass border. They will ask to come inside office and would take fingureprints and photo. They gave small slip with some numbers and name printed on it showing 6 months timeline, so when your parents visit US again in 6 months then border entry will be smooth and they wont need to visit office.

Some people says shopping or sightseeing. Your next answers should back your first answer.

Reactions: golfclash

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I did. I have asked for extension for bio before 30 days time is over. Got response that your request was forwarded to concerned department.
Gave bio 10 days after original deadline date. Instantly it was updated in my cic account with bio number and validity of 10 years. 2 weeks later got email saying my extension request have been granted and gave me time to go for bio before 30 Nov.
As mycic already shows bio submitted with submission date and validity, i am not worried about acceptance.
So they extended it for another 30 days for you?
I remember we chatted about it. My mom also provided the bio 20 days after the due date. I still have not got any response regarding my extension request, so Im hoping the officer would accept it.
I called ircc and the agent said it takes anout a month for officers to respond to extension requests!!!!
Lets hope no issue for both of us.

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Good morning all, Hope everyone is making progress with their applications.

I got a question, I have received biometric instruction letter on Nov. 1st for my parents and my brother (dependent). My brother recently got admission in foreign university and moved to different country now for studies. Can he do the biometrics (and in future medical) at his current city? His current city has CIC biometric facility as well as medical facility available. Will there be any issue? Do I need to inform CIC about his relocation to new Country/city for study purposes? Please advise. Thank You

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
So they extended it for another 30 days for you?
I remember we chatted about it. My mom also provided the bio 20 days after the due date. I still have not got any response regarding my extension request, so Im hoping the officer would accept it.
I called ircc and the agent said it takes anout a month for officers to respond to extension requests!!!!
Lets hope no issue for both of us.
It's fine as long as you let them know. The extension only delay the file processing and the 30 days time period provided to keep things under check for them as well.

Reactions: Ramona2019

farshid55

Jul 4, 2019
I received a letter by mail dated October 25, Requesting additional information. IMM5406 for both of my parents are requested.
Please update my status in line 661

Reactions: robertp

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi Folks,
I has submitted my mom's PCC and got confirmation via email on Oct 30th that PCC have been received. Now if CIC ask for passport submit , where can we submit her passport, as my mom is in USA as a visitor for couple of months and her processing centre is Mississauga.

Should I inform CIC that she is in USA or its better to get PCC request and then go to any Canadian centres in USA for passport stamp ? Kindly advise the process after PCC submit !
TIA.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Folks,
I has submitted my mom's PCC and got confirmation via email on Oct 30th that PCC have been received. Now if CIC ask for passport submit , where can we submit her passport, as my mom is in USA as a visitor for couple of months and her processing centre is Mississauga.

Should I inform CIC that she is in USA or its better to get PCC request and then go to any Canadian centres in USA for passport stamp ? Kindly advise the process after PCC submit !
TIA.
What is your decision made date for PR application? When did you got Passport request?

Call CIC before submit passport to different country which is not mention in PPR letter.

Last edited:

JITB

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi Folks, URGENT
Received the following email today, can anyone advise on it. I already submitted the documents and I am a Canadian Citizen and don’t have Voter card, aadhar card . Please guide.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:
“A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required :
UCI# XXXXXXXX> Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).
This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/04
If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date
with an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.
If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the
information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND. THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE REISSUED.
Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms- guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html
IMPORTANT:
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
**Please include “PGP-APR” in the subject line of the email**
Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence addressed to:
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR PO BOX 6100, Station A Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4
Additionally, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
 Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation completed by a certified translator, and a copy of the original document.
 Please send us scanned or photocopied versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.
 Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
 You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately. Changes to your contact information should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
Sincerely,
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi Folks, URGENT
Received the following email today, can anyone advise on it. I already submitted the documents and I am a Canadian Citizen and don’t have Voter card, aadhar card . Please guide.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:
“A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required :
UCI# XXXXXXXX> Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family
member. As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).
If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date
If we do not receive a response from you within the allotted time, a decision will be made based on the
information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.
Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms- guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html
IMPORTANT:
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence addressed to:
Additionally, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
 Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation completed by a certified translator, and a copy of the original document.
 Please send us scanned or photocopied versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.
 Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
 You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately. Changes to your contact information should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
Sincerely,
Gather all the documents that show your parents name on it- Birth certificate, educational certificates.

JITB

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi Folks, URGENT

@robertp

IMPORTANT:
Sincerely,