• Biometric request : July 10
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request : July 15
  • PCC request: Oct 7
  • Additional document / travel history request date : Oct 7 travel history
  • Comment / additional information :

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
I'm still waiting for ecas to show up and still haven't received AOR. Ottawa received my application on May 22nd. I called CIC and they confirmed they received the application but haven't opened or begun processing.

In the past, CIC has never taken longer than 1 or 2 months to send AOR. This time it has been over 5 months. Is this normal? I'm getting worried.

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
My app status still in "App received" after 42 days of linking them in the myCIC. It's over a month since the AoR.
I just realized our timeline is similar. I'm also a June 4th applicant. My status still the same as yours "application received". I think because the bulk of applications seems to have been received in May, we'll see a delay compared to other applicants, just as we did with AORs. They are almost done receiving applications though, so hopefully after they finish issuing AORs, the process moves faster.

Usernametaken999

Sep 20, 2018
Hello All,
I have got email from CIC on sept 27 asking from PCC, travel history etc for my parents. I submitted the documents on Oct 11 via email.
However till now i have not got any kind-off response or update from CIC. on Oct 26 i called CIC help desk, but they are also not willing to disclose any information. Is there anyone with similar situation waiting for response from CIC with similar timeline. ? is there any thing to worry about?
Call again and speak to another agent - they should be able to confirm receipt (at least they did with me).

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I'm still waiting for ecas to show up and still haven't received AOR. Ottawa received my application on May 22nd. I called CIC and they confirmed they received the application but haven't opened or begun processing.

In the past, CIC has never taken longer than 1 or 2 months to send AOR. This time it has been over 5 months. Is this normal? I'm getting worried.
If they confirmed they received your application, there is nothing to worry about. Your case is definitely out of trend (going by the tracker) but that is also the case with many other applicants. Sometimes it takes longer for some applications to be started/reviewed for some reason but as long as they have it in their system, you shouldn't worry.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Thanks @ankz001 @fjle @nomadic who reported the mysterious "GHOST UPDATE" on myCIC followed by Principle Applicant's status being updated to "Decision Made" in eCAS after couple of days ago.

@snganu also witness the same "Ghost Update" update on his myCIC account followed by Principle Applicant's status being updated to "Decision Made".

I was requested by IRCC to submit PCC (INDIA) + Travel Doc + RCMP Fingerprinting Criminal Background check exactly 30 days ago i.e. 30-SEP-2019. I submitted all the additional documents on 12-OCT-2019.

Well it's my time now to share the similar behavior. I witnessed "GHOST UPDATE" today @ 10:00 PM EST on myCIC account.

Hope to receive some positive NEWS soon ... finger crossed...

FYI - @robertp @bdidol @laxsun - May be you wanna observe this pattern at CPC-M.
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun
Please update Line # 205
My PA got updated to "Decision Made" today Nov-01-2019 on eCAS. myCIC account still shows "We are processing your background check" . Hope to receive PPR soon right after @snganu @ankz001 receive theirs.

Very Happy Today :D

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Thank you, most likely I won't be dealing with New Delhi visa office because we might be applying from Dubai as she is staying with us from one year, so it will be via Abu Dhabi visa office.

Extending tourist visa, I didn't get that?
For super visa one year tax returns would be enough?
Hi Mona, I agree with @snganu. I have a similar case as yours. When I landed as PR nearly 6 years ago, I got my mom to Canada on Visitor visa. And then file for extension in 5th month. The extension is easy to file and can be done online. I always get extension for 1 year (thank god). Then send my mom back to India before extension expires for 3 to 6 weeks. And do the same thing again. She is with us for last 6 years like this and by god's grace, her PR is now in process in 2019. Going to US does not extend the stay, so your mom will have to return to India after every 1.5 years. All the best to you.

Reactions: mona247

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Did you try to check the ecas? They are officially suppose to send AoR within 18 weeks.

Sonysurrey

Jun 20, 2019
Hello "Tarandeep
Questions
What was in processing date
Are you parents here or in india
When its showsDM

Hi,
I am May 28 applicant.
DM on sponsor side but still In process for applicant side.
Also requested PCC, IME, and biometrics for my parents.[/QUOTE]

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
If they confirmed they received your application, there is nothing to worry about. Your case is definitely out of trend (going by the tracker) but that is also the case with many other applicants. Sometimes it takes longer for some applications to be started/reviewed for some reason but as long as they have it in their system, you shouldn't worry.
I know...putting it there for others. As all the SA's coming out in recent weeks, my assumption is our file will go to IP within next 2 wks.

Reactions: padillag.tati

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016

There is no set pattern this year. Few who submitted in may start got DM on PA and few who submitted in may start are stuck on AOR and few even didnt get any update and they are also from May start.
And for some lucky MAY start applicants, their parents landed already :)

Reactions: Netesteph