+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Mona,

You can arrange with your cousin for tourist visa with all itinerary planned - showing bank balance , saving deposits for your mother.
There is no gurantee visa will be granted or no as New Dellhi is notorious sometimes declining the visa for Seniors.
The itinerary should show she is visiting for couple of months - if you show summer dates ie better.

Regarding the exit to US - if you do it more than 2-3 times - according to me you are putting your mother and yourself under scanner . If the intent is that your mother will be staying back .
the correct way is to extend the tourist visa or super visa once she has visited Canada perhaps 1 year - later you should do that .

not right away.

You need to have 3 years tax returns to apply for parents sponsorship program depending what the govt proposes - for Pgp Program for parents

Hope this info helps a bit

And btw this visa forum is only for Pgp applicants tho....might be you can get more information in the website for this topic.

All the best for your Mom
Thank you, most likely I won't be dealing with New Delhi visa office because we might be applying from Dubai as she is staying with us from one year, so it will be via Abu Dhabi visa office.

Extending tourist visa, I didn't get that?
For super visa one year tax returns would be enough?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Today I received a letter to pay biometrics' fee. My parents had biometric two years ago when they got visitor visa. I know they should pay the fee and now I wanna know do they need to do biometric one more time?
I have seen somewhere that biometrics are valid for 10 years.
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications. Even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid
This includes:
Link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Thank you, most likely I won't be dealing with New Delhi visa office because we might be applying from Dubai as she is staying with us from one year, so it will be via Abu Dhabi visa office.

Extending tourist visa, I didn't get that?
For super visa one year tax returns would be enough?
For Supervisa, you need
Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year

As for extending tourist visa, normally if one is lucky they get a tourist visa for 10 years, for stay of 6 months duration at a time. However, once parent is in Canada, you can file for continuous stay extension for another 6 months.
However, after some time IRCC will realize that you are extending it and may not have any intention to leave.
Best way is to apply for Super VISA after getting a tourist visa. However for Super VISA the applicant has to be in their home country for applying else it will be only for 2 years if applied from Canada
I suggest you open a separate thread as this thread is specific to PGP 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: mona247

Rav.d

Aug 22, 2019
Hi senior members,

I check this thread once in a while . I'm not sure if someone can help. I got a request to submit tarvel history for applicant and spouse. Should i submit that on one form or keep separate one for applicant and one for spouse. Is it 5562 form? The form itself says principal applicant should fill this form. Thanks

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi senior members,

I check this thread once in a while . I'm not sure if someone can help. I got a request to submit tarvel history for applicant and spouse. Should i submit that on one form or keep separate one for applicant and one for spouse. Is it 5562 form? The form itself says principal applicant should fill this form. Thanks
IMM5562e >> one form only to submit with PA and spouse details.

Tracker site >> Link
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorshi Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: Rav.d

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
question re medical and biometric request:
1- how did you receive the request? mail or email
2- when they ask for medical and biometric, does it show on ecase for parents? how does one know they did not miss the request
3- I have not been able to connect my parents application to a GC account. is that where you see the communications?
thanks

Last edited:

RevSob

Oct 31, 2019
Hello,I had ordered GCMS notes at the end of August, and received them today. Under Outgoing it shows that CIC has requested "Province - Request Letter".
What should be shown in GCMS notes when CIC received a response from a province?

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
question re medical and biometric request:
1- how did you receive the request? mail or email
2- when they ask for medical and biometric, does it show on ecase for parents? how does one know they did not miss the request
3- I have not been able to connect my parents application to a GC account. is that where you see the communications?
thanks
1- email notification and actual letter in mycic account
2- ecase showed that medical request sent to the applicant
3- yes mycic account shows updates and letters

Reactions: soroush

Sonysurrey

Jun 20, 2019
Hi sidhubi
Same timeline here too application received 27 May and started processing 10 Oct...in process on both sides. No further update yet

Question- is your parents here or india
Let me know if u got any update or email

These are my application details.
Application received : May 27, 2019
Started processing : Oct 10/2019
Any idea which batch dates they are working on??[/QUOTE]

sidhubi

Jan 24, 2017
Hi sidhubi
Same timeline here too application received 27 May and started processing 10 Oct...in process on both sides. No further update yet

Any idea which batch dates they are working on??
[/QUOTE]
Hi sidhubi

Any idea which batch dates they are working on??
[/QUOTE]
INDIA