+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paramita12

Aug 22, 2019
The letter should contain the email ID where you should send your docs.

If mailing then to Your LVO (the letter should have the address as well.).
means? I am from india.
Now i stay in toronto. I applied for my parents.
So where i need to send all documents?

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hi @robertp ; @YULIA-2016 ; @bdidol or others experienced can you advise me how to key in travel dates in Travel History form.
My mother is in Canada from June 2017 and during her stay in canada she has been to US 6-7 times. each trip was 3-4 days. so should I mention each time she goes to US as a separate trip and returns to Canada as a separate trip? or I can mention in the cover letter that she is in Canada from June 2017 till date and during this period from Canada she made 6 US trips and length of these trips as per the form. If i include each time she returns to Canada as a separate trip then I have to use two forms.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi @robertp ; @YULIA-2016 ; @bdidol or others experienced can you advise me how to key in travel dates in Travel History form.
My mother is in Canada from June 2017 and during her stay in canada she has been to US 6-7 times. each trip was 3-4 days. so should I mention each time she goes to US as a separate trip and returns to Canada as a separate trip? or I can mention in the cover letter that she is in Canada from June 2017 till date and during this period from Canada she made 6 US trips and length of these trips as per the form. If i include each time she returns to Canada as a separate trip then I have to use two forms.
Separate trip each one.

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
PA status "in process"
Also there is a message saying that we send you a letter on October 10th, I assume this is biometrics request, which I got thru My CIC
Did u receive AOR from London visa office, which date? as most of us after getting AOR from London our sponsor status is Decision Made and our PR application status is Application Received.

If its In Process for PR then hopefully some movement for u in near future.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
If there is no record about it in the passport, then no nees to show these short trips. Otherwise show them separately..make sure no gap in the timelines

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
If there is no record about it in the passport, then no nees to show these short trips. Otherwise show them separately..make sure no gap in the timelines
I think now a days they dont stamp anything but they have records online who entered and left when. I think mentioning them would be a better thing.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
means? I am from india.
Now i stay in toronto. I applied for my parents.
So where i need to send all documents?
Looks like you are thinking to send documents without being requested.
If asked by LVO the email address is given in the requisition letter.

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
@SAM_2014
No AOR or medical, just biometrics;
So after ur SA letter there should be an AOR from LDNIMMIGRATION that they received your application in london office. After that status changes back to application received in London.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hey there, i am not sure if you could assist me or may be someone else could assist me on this thread.

So I am going to enter canada as a new immigrant on a PR visa around June 2020. I am an indian and currently living in dubai since 6 years.

My mother is a widow now and she is living with us since 1 year, she is 67 years old.
Its obvious me and my spouse will take a few months in canada to find our first job and settle in, the challenge we face now is that my mother doesnt have an house back in our home country nor does she have a property etc.

A friends of ours suggested us to apply for a tourist visa for my mother considering my cousin lives in Vancouver, so we could get an invite letter from them and show an itinerary for my mother along with our bank statements informing the immigration officer she is coming to visit my cousin and she could be stamped a tourist visa from anywhere between 2 to 10 years, depending on our luck.

Now the question is, in order to apply for a super visa for her, me and my spouse need to demonstrate a certain CAD income for a period of 1 year with tax returns if i am not mistaken?

Also to sponsor parents , again we need to make sure we have tax returns etc , since we are going to be new PR what option can we use?

Someone told us if her tourist visa is stamped for 5 years, she can exit canada every 6 months once for a couple of days and come back, is this true? for how many times is this possible to do? I read your comment on top saying that your mother has exited to usa 6-7 times, was it a similar case?

We anyone can suggest a perfect plan for us would highly appreciate it .

amop

Feb 28, 2014
@YULIA-2016

@robertp

Update Line no 396
AOR : 16th Sep 2019
IN process : 28th OCT 2019

I checked my ECAS today shows IN process for Sponsor and Applicant as well- 28th Oct 2019

i was wondering can i ask CIC To change the address for Canada instead of India .... is this possible at this stage ....

suggestions needed ....

IN process does not mean its approved yet ....how long does it take

Reactions: laxsun

amop

Feb 28, 2014
hey there, i am not sure if you could assist me or may be someone else could assist me on this thread.

So I am going to enter canada as a new immigrant on a PR visa around June 2020. I am an indian and currently living in dubai since 6 years.

My mother is a widow now and she is living with us since 1 year, she is 67 years old.
Its obvious me and my spouse will take a few months in canada to find our first job and settle in, the challenge we face now is that my mother doesnt have an house back in our home country nor does she have a property etc.

A friends of ours suggested us to apply for a tourist visa for my mother considering my cousin lives in Vancouver, so we could get an invite letter from them and show an itinerary for my mother along with our bank statements informing the immigration officer she is coming to visit my cousin and she could be stamped a tourist visa from anywhere between 2 to 10 years, depending on our luck.

Now the question is, in order to apply for a super visa for her, me and my spouse need to demonstrate a certain CAD income for a period of 1 year with tax returns if i am not mistaken?

Also to sponsor parents , again we need to make sure we have tax returns etc , since we are going to be new PR what option can we use?

Someone told us if her tourist visa is stamped for 5 years, she can exit canada every 6 months once for a couple of days and come back, is this true? for how many times is this possible to do? I read your comment on top saying that your mother has exited to usa 6-7 times, was it a similar case?

We anyone can suggest a perfect plan for us would highly appreciate it .

Hi Mona,

You can arrange with your cousin for tourist visa with all itinerary planned - showing bank balance , saving deposits for your mother.
There is no gurantee visa will be granted or no as New Dellhi is notorious sometimes declining the visa for Seniors.
The itinerary should show she is visiting for couple of months - if you show summer dates ie better.

Regarding the exit to US - if you do it more than 2-3 times - according to me you are putting your mother and yourself under scanner . If the intent is that your mother will be staying back .
the correct way is to extend the tourist visa or super visa once she has visited Canada perhaps 1 year - later you should do that .

not right away.

You need to have 3 years tax returns to apply for parents sponsorship program depending what the govt proposes - for Pgp Program for parents

Hope this info helps a bit

And btw this visa forum is only for Pgp applicants tho....might be you can get more information in the website for this topic.

All the best for your Mom

Reactions: calgary17

newapplicant1

Oct 12, 2014
Today I received a letter to pay biometrics' fee. My parents had biometric two years ago when they got visitor visa. I know they should pay the fee and now I wanna know do they need to do biometric one more time?
I have seen somewhere that biometrics are valid for 10 years.