+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
  • Sponsored People: Parents ( Mom & Dad)
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: 24th April 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 4th 2019
  • Ecas Updated - Sep 24, 2019
  • Application Linked - Sep 25, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Sep 30, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :
Anyone has any idea, on where the things are, and basis on above scenario, when should I expect Biometrics, SA and PCC Request?

Reactions: laxsun

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't received any communication from CIC after I mailed my application. My mailed application was signed as received in 21st June. When I use my UCI in https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas , I get the following:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

What does this mean? They have not opened my application? Is this normal?
quite normal. Mine was received June 18 and they just updated it yesterday, You will have something soon.

Reactions: djno1

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi Guys, my parents have an appointment for US this week and I need suggestions and advices. What documents they ask if someone has already went to the interview ? Do they ask medical insurance for parents ? And any sort of thing ?

Also if supervisa applicants get US visa and go to US and enters back to Canada, do they ask medical upon entry for 1 year ? Recently I have been hearing some people are getting ordered to leave in 6 months even though they have supervisa. Any idea why ?

shanaya

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope the same.

I couldn't fid you in the tracking sheet.
Do you have your details in the tracking sheet?
I am not in the tracking sheet. I had actually applied in 2017, due to some complexities, the application is still in process. Those complexities on the sponsor's side have been resolved. Below is what I can provide if you wish to add me to the sheet.
App submitted- 2017
Medical, PCC completed - July 2019
E-case - in process (don't know the date)
CIC application linked - August 2019, says background check ongoing and they are processing. However, in the table, the status is 'submitted'.
LVO - NDVO

I see from the last two years (from SS) that the average time from Meds done to DM is around 2-3 months fro NDVO. It does seem that many of the applicants from 2019 have surpassed that timeline, including myself (I am counting myself in 2019). Weird. Any recent DMs from NDVO here?

Reactions: UPPI

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I am not in the tracking sheet. I had actually applied in 2017, due to some complexities, the application is still in process. Those complexities on the sponsor's side have been resolved. Below is what I can provide if you wish to add me to the sheet.
App submitted- 2017
CIC application linked - August 2019, says background check ongoing and they are processing. However, in the table, the status is 'submitted'.
LVO - NDVO

I see from the last two years (from SS) that the average time from Meds done to DM is around 2-3 months fro NDVO. It does seem that many of the applicants from 2019 have surpassed that timeline, including myself (I am counting myself in 2019). Weird. Any recent DMs from NDVO here?
for PGP-2019
DM timeline check here
for Local VO timeline: click here

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
wonder if anyone can share some thoughts, my parents did medical test on Oct 15, doctor office said results sent in on Oct 17, it has been two weeks and i have been checking myCIC 10times a day, but still no update. i recall some members suggest 7-10days we should know the results.

any thoughts? our case is with CPC_M

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
My additional documents were uploaded on 24th, waiting for the day when it changes to Decision Made, or at least saying they started processing!!!!!

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
App submitted- 2017
LVO - NDVO

If you don’t mind, can you please share how long it took for sponsor approval and what was the reason for taking that long?

serg777

Jun 4, 2019
Hi @robertp @YULIA-2016!
Please update mine in the tracker:

username: serg777
line: 390
Biometrics Request: Oct 25, 2019
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process (October 25, 2019)
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made (October 29, 2019)
Biometrics completed: Not yet

Thanks

Reactions: robertp

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
wonder if anyone can share some thoughts, my parents did medical test on Oct 15, doctor office said results sent in on Oct 17, it has been two weeks and i have been checking myCIC 10times a day, but still no update. i recall some members suggest 7-10days we should know the results.

any thoughts? our case is with CPC_M
Does your ECAS says, We have received medical results

Reactions: idefix