+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
guyfromtoronto said:
Well my Parents in Law are in India. They submitted their passports at VFS and it has been forwarded to NDVO for visa stamping.

Good; I am assuming that you requested the (CPC-M to NVDO) transfer via email? Did they contact you again to confirm that you can submit the Passports to NVDO, could you elaborate on this a bit more and timing please? Thanks
Hi @guyfromtoronto. Will really appreciate if you can provide more details regarding whole procedure. Thanks.

Reactions: PGP_Coast

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hello Members,

A quick question, request your guidance.

One of my friends applied for their Parent's PR and have recently received a Biometric request but one of his parents is in Canada. The letter said you need to leave Canada to provide biometric but he called CIC and they told them they are not required to give biometrics as they are already in Canada?

Is anyone in a similar situation and if yes, what did you do?

Your help is appreciated...

Thanks
My mom is here on tourist visa and got request for bio. She is gonna leave soon so her bio would expire
I emailed them via web form and asked for extension for bio, and today I received a letter from officer where he extended her bio till the end of December.
So they will have to leave country and give there bio

mavrick16

Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mom is here on tourist visa and got request for bio. She is gonna leave soon so her bio would expire
I emailed them via web form and asked for extension for bio, and today I received a letter from officer where he extended her bio till the end of December.
Thanks for the response Anastasik, i was thinking the same when i read it online

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

But the CIC agent confused him!!!!

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hi,

I have to submit PCC, copy of all pages of Passport for parents, Resume, IMM 5562, and Voter ID, and Educational certificates.

I have an option to submit the docs by email but size of the email should be less than 5 MB.

Just wondering, Can i submit two emails if my email size is more than 5 MB?

Please suggest, advise, and share any thoughts on this,

Tarandeep

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hello Members,

One of my friends applied for their Parent's PR and have recently received a Biometric request but one of his parents is in Canada. The letter said you need to leave Canada to provide biometric but he called CIC and they told them they are not required to give biometrics as they are already in Canada?

Thanks
The agent lied to your friend, if the parent received the letter it means they need to give Biometrics, no way of getting out of it.

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Guys , I just got a request from CIC to send the "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form...my father was a govt teacher ..anyone who got similar request and what did you fill up?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Members,

Thanks
He misunderstood what agent said. He can ask for a waiver, but it will not be over the phone. So far I didn't saw anyone got waiver from this if they get a letter. The CO may waived it when s/he review the file. But if they already decided, you have to do it or ask for an extension

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello Members,

Thanks
My mom was with me in Canada and she had to leave to back home to provide biometrics. I called them and sent them webforms but at the end she had to leave.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I was in the same situation, my mom was here on visitor visa but i never got a clear answer in response to my extention requests. Which processing centre yours is with? Mine is with Mississauga
Also did they send you a new bio letter with an updated due date on it?

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
He misunderstood what agent said. He can ask for a waiver, but it will not be over the phone. So far I didn't saw anyone got waiver from this if they get a letter. The CO may waived it when s/he review the file. But if they already decided, you have to do it or ask for an extension
Thats true.
I was in the same situation. Even though the cic never gave me a clear answer on my extention request, my mom is showing up for bio this week which is about a month after the due date given. We have sent them explanations and copy of her flight tickets.
Based on your experience, would it be an issue?

joel1984

Mar 6, 2018
Are you reading under the Biometrics for the fingerprints?
I am - There's nothing in there and when I look under Messages about your application it just says "No data available in table". I called CIC and they told me the Bio letter was sent thru MyCIC and that I had to report it as a technical error because it should be there... but it's not... I sent a technical report. The agent also said it could take up to a month for the issue to be resolved (to have the Bio letter sent again) which makes this even weirder.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew Please add me as well in the tracker:

Sponsored People: Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Sponsor Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: Apr 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: Jun 03, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): Oct 29, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Application Received
Ecas Status for PR Application: Application Received
Ecas Status Started Displaying on DATE: Oct 28, 2019
MyCIC update: Tried but not able to link yet
Additional document / travel history request date : Sep 04, 2019
Additional requested documents : Death Certificate of Dad | Hand-signed IMM5669

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
I was in the same situation, my mom was here on visitor visa but i never got a clear answer in response to my extention requests. Which processing centre yours is with? Mine is with Mississauga
Also did they send you a new bio letter with an updated due date on it?
No they didn’t send a new one.
When I phoned them they said my mom can use the same letter because people at VAC can see the note on the file that it has been extended.
Plus I have a pdf from the officer that my mom will bring with her to VAC as a proof as extension

Reactions: Ramona2019