+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

joyus

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Does anyone know if we can apply for super visa once medical and biometric for PGP 2019 has been done? Anyone with refusal if they applied?

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Anyone knows if Biometrics can be done within Canada, or it has to be done from the country of citizenship only?
I spoke to the CIC agent and told them that my parents are in Canada on supervisa but she mentioned that when they receive BioMetrics request then they shd travel back to India and get Biometrics from there.

Thanks,
Mandy
At the moment biometrics can't be done in Canada. If your parents have USA visa, they may be able to get it done there. Mexico is another option, if it's cheaper than going back to India.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
You are a star member with 176 posts and 10 likes in your credit,
even than why you have not got added yourself in tracker so far,
is a matter beyond.....!!!!!
It should be the responsibility of each and every member to provide updated information, so that tracker/ spread sheet, which is being maintained by putting great efforts, should be realistic and no one can raise question....
Thanks you for response. I am seeing everyone is asking @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to update the tracker. Also, I checked that the tracker is not open for everyone to update.

sekhar_bs

Jan 10, 2016
Hi All,
I have applied for Parents PR and got AoR on 12th Oct and expecting Biometrics, medical and PCC in next few months. They are from India.
MY parents are in Canada on visitor visa for 6 months & I am planning to apply for an extension at the end of current stay. If its approved, they will be here for 1 year.
My questions are
1. Can they do biometrics & medical in Canada?
2. Can I apply for their PCC at Indian consulate in Canada (as they are on visitor visa)?

PS: They have USA visitor visa

Thanks

Last edited:

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
when an application goes to "in-process" in ecas, when or with what does MyCIC get updated?
Usually when you see IP on Ecas they ask for Biometrics and you'll see the request letter and Your action required. My mom's biometrics info was updated minutes after she finished it

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello, anyone's parents in Canada with them via Supervisa? My MiL's supervisa was granted 2017 and didn't have biometrics back then... She probably needs to go back to our home country to do biometrics, yes?

Thank you
She can get exemption. Wait till you get the communication from the LVO. She may directly get the IME.

Reactions: neochanges1

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Anyone knows if Biometrics can be done within Canada, or it has to be done from the country of citizenship only?
I spoke to the CIC agent and told them that my parents are in Canada on supervisa but she mentioned that when they receive BioMetrics request then they shd travel back to India and get Biometrics from there.

Thanks,
Mandy
Can be done anywhere outside Canada at this moment. But she can get an exemption. Wait till you get the communication from the LVO. She may directly get the IME.

Reactions: mkc2211

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi All,
I have applied for Parents PR and got AoR on 12th Oct and expecting Biometrics, medical and PCC in next few months. They are from India.
MY parents are in Canada on visitor visa for 6 months & I am planning to apply for an extension at the end of current stay. If its approved, they will be here for 1 year.
My questions are
1. Can they do biometrics & medical in Canada?
2. Can I apply for their PCC at Indian consulate in Canada (as they are on visitor visa)?

PS: They have USA visitor visa

Thanks
1. No & yes
2. Yes
-> They might also ask for medical for visitor extension

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Any update on AOR for June 14, 2019 applicants. I have not received any communications from CIC and i am not able to link my parents file. Please advise what should i do?