+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YRJ

Jun 6, 2015
I've submitted my documents June 24. No AoR yet up this point. I just moved to a new address. Was wondering if AoR is sent thru post mails or email? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
You can still call CIC to update address, they will give you temporary application number (as you didnt receive AOR) and with help of that temporary application number you can update contact information through webform.

YRJ

Jun 6, 2015
I am waiting for AoR, and my parent want to visit Canada but I am worried about Biometric (as they dont have US Visa). What should I do?
1) Let them come here and apply US visa, not sure how difficult/ how long it will take. I have never applied US visa.
2) Ask them to stay there and wait for Bio, My application reached on June 12 (Approximately How long it should take from now?)

They wanted to be here for Christmas, and do not want to travel back to India only for BIO. Any suggestion?

Indian45

May 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have few questions, if the experts can please answer ?

1. I received application received email from CIC on 30th Sep, the file was received on 5th Jun. When can i expect DM on SA side ?
2. I am planning to swtich jobs and take a break in between for 2-3 months, would that affect my file if i do it after the SA approval ??

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I am waiting for AoR, and my parent want to visit Canada but I am worried about Biometric (as they dont have US Visa). What should I do?
1) Let them come here and apply US visa, not sure how difficult/ how long it will take. I have never applied US visa.
2) Ask them to stay there and wait for Bio, My application reached on June 12 (Approximately How long it should take from now?)

They wanted to be here for Christmas, and do not want to travel back to India only for BIO. Any suggestion?
Let them wait back home.

aviralanand2007

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019

Why don't you apply for US visa, the appointments are pretty far out for the visa (2 months out). You can fill forms now and secure an appointment closer to when your parents arrive. I did the same thing for my Mother-in-law

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hey guys just wondering if you could help me with this...

My parents got their medical request. My dad is not physically with my mom now. He did his medical yesterday and my mom did hers this morning. They both got an e-medical information sheet.

Should I upload this online? to the account?

Just wondering if I should do that and the clinic send the results directly to ircc? any advise? Thanks

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys just wondering if you could help me with this...

My parents got their medical request. My dad is not physically with my mom now. He did his medical yesterday and my mom did hers this morning. They both got an e-medical information sheet.

Should I upload this online? to the account?

Just wondering if I should do that and the clinic send the results directly to ircc? any advise? Thanks
No need to upload or send anything.

Indian45

May 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have few questions, if the experts can please answer ?

1. I received application received email from CIC on 30th Sep, the file was received on 5th Jun. When can i expect DM on SA side ?
2. I am planning to swtich jobs and take a break in between for 2-3 months, would that affect my file if i do it after the SA approval ??

Please anwser.... Thanks you !!

McFlyDMC12

May 1, 2013
Hi everyone!

Tagging @robertp and @YULIA-2016

Please add me to the tracker spreadsheet:
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: South Africa
  • Sponsor Province: Alberta
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 9, 2019
  • AoR Received - (DATE): July 11, 2019
  • AoR Received - Pretoria, South Africa (transferred to local office): Sep 9, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:Sponsorship: Decision Made; PR: Application Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Jan 28, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Sep 4, 2019
  • Biometric request date: Aug 28, 2019
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : None yet
  • Comment :
Thanks,
McFly

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Hi - thank you again for maintaining the tracker. not sure if it needs to be updated in the tracker. my parents bio was done on Oct 9.

Also, a question need some guidance.

they did medical exams this morning. clinic said they use eMedical, so we don't need to do anything. they will submit once they receive all test results, likely in a week. i saw a few ppl said they emailed their results. is there anything I need to do on my end and how long normally it takes for the results to show up in myCIC.

Many thanks.

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone!

Tagging @robertp and @YULIA-2016

Please add me to the tracker spreadsheet:
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: South Africa
  • Sponsor Province: Alberta
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 9, 2019
  • AoR Received - (DATE): July 11, 2019
  • AoR Received - Pretoria, South Africa (transferred to local office): Sep 9, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:Sponsorship: Decision Made; PR: Application Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Jan 28, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Sep 4, 2019
  • Biometric request date: Aug 28, 2019
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : None yet
  • Comment :
Thanks,
McFly
Sponsorship In process Date: Jan 28, 2019 ?