+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp pls add my info in tracker

Update : line # (don't see my line in the new tracker, it used to be around line #267)
  • Sponsored People: Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: South Africa
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 24
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 21
  • AoR Received (DATE): Sep 4
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl : DM and In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Sept 19
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date : Oct 5
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : No
  • Comment : Additional Doc request July 18
Thank you
is your Sponsorship Applcation status is DM or still in process?
What additional Document requeste on July 18?

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Good Day @YULIA-2016 and @robertp and others who never get tired of updating every info on each file:

Just got a new message on MyCIC account, stating that the application has been linked. I don't understand, I already received an email that my parents application has been linked to MyCIC account two weeks ago. But anyway, that's the update I got this morning dated October 10.

Godspeed everyone! Cheers for our parent/grandparent's application success!

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Have you got confirmation for documents submitted like PCC and Travel history?
Auto reply , then changes in MYCIC account for additional documents section

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
is your Sponsorship Applcation status is DM or still in process?
What additional Document requeste on July 18?
sponsorship application on Ecas is 'DM' & PR application is 'in progress'. I haven't received SA letter, though. I thought that when Ecas sponsorship app goes to DM, it comes with the SA letter.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Do we send ALL pages of passport or the ONLY the stamped ones
What about the old passport (within last 10 years) with stamps ?
My understanding is we need to send both new and old passport ALL pages. Please confirm

Last edited:

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
@robertp

My ECAS status for sponsor and applicant: Application received. How long will it take to get AoR after that? I am worried about my application. I am may 8th applicant but no update yet.

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hi
So my mother does not have a birth certificate and she does not have any school certificates as well. Should i only submit the Voter I card?
Also i have received medical request in Aug and now additional documents on Sep 27 but have not received anything for biometrics. Do they usually send this later or before asking for additional documents
Thank you
I am at the same boat, My parents don’t have birth certificate, Affidavit, and school certificates. All i have is Voter card and Aadhar card.

My question is since they are here in Canada from almost 2 years can i make the affidavit here and would it be valid? Or can i just submit Voter card and Aadhar card?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp

My ECAS status for sponsor and applicant: Application received. How long will it take to get AoR after that? I am worried about my application. I am may 8th applicant but no update yet.
wait for next AoR batch. no ETA. you are May 8th applicant but your file was not completed CIC was asked to resubmit IMM5669 on Aug 22.

mjuarez

Oct 8, 2019
Looks like they are working on application arrived early June
If you sent yours in mid June ~ close to deadline, then yes, it's normal you haven't heard anything from them.
Lot of us, including myself, are still in dark.
Thank you very much for your answer. I was starting to panic thinking that maybe my file got lost somehow. Have a nice day!