+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi all,

My application was received in ottawa on june 5th. Still waiting for a response from cic.

My parents are here in Canada since march ,2019 on visit visa. I have applied for there extension last month. I need there help here.
In the formsI submitted I have mention my canadian address as mailing address for them and india’s address (the one on their passport) as their residential address. I did mention they are in Canada as a visitor (IMM 0008).

My concern is over the biometric request? Will i receive it for them. If yes then do they have to go to India to get it done?

Also I am waiting for my application number so I can update cic regarding increase in family member from 5 to 6 because i had a new born recently. I will be updating them regarding my parents extension as well if approved.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks
You may or may not get the bio. The policy dictating this for parents living in Canada is not clear yet. You can do it in US, if they have US visa.

You still probably have to wait till end of next wk to get the AoR.

Reactions: Paramveer Lall

charlie1234

Aug 9, 2019
Hi all,

My application was received in ottawa on june 5th. Still waiting for a response from cic.

My parents are here in Canada since march ,2019 on visit visa. I have applied for there extension last month. I need there help here.
In the formsI submitted I have mention my canadian address as mailing address for them and india’s address (the one on their passport) as their residential address. I did mention they are in Canada as a visitor (IMM 0008).

My concern is over the biometric request? Will i receive it for them. If yes then do they have to go to India to get it done?

Also I am waiting for my application number so I can update cic regarding increase in family member from 5 to 6 because i had a new born recently. I will be updating them regarding my parents extension as well if approved.

Thanks
If you get the bio request then you have a option to go to the US or Mexico. Since you did not get the AOR yet then you may have a option to do in back home as well, if your parents are going to stay with you for 1-2 or 3 months. As it would take some time to get DM on sponsor application. They will request bio only after they finish the processing of sponsor application.

thanks...

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi,

Please can any one guide regarding post #21259

Appreciate it.

Thanks
What is your question ?
Getting biometrics depends on what they consider your parents address, if they consider they are in Canada, then I would think they would be exempt, but just in case they don't, get a US visa and be ready to drive there to get them. Honestly, the drive will be longer than the actual fingerprints taking

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi all,

Thanks
  • 99% CIC will not sent you Bio request for you parents.
  • 1% if VO will request Bio >> you can do it in USA / Mexico or back home.
  • June 5th submission . Please wait 1-2 week more to see Ecas status.

Last edited:

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
In mycic account i see that biometrics is done and valid for my parents from the time they did it for supervisa, is it true or do they need to do another one for PR app ?

Mariads

Sep 11, 2019
Hi..

This is what appears when I login and see the status of my parents sponsorship using the UCI number provided. I just needed to understand one thing. Around July 17th 2019, they sent me correspondence saying that the application is incomplete for want of signatures in 2 places i.e. Form 5339 and information of my co signer (was provided but somehow they wanted it again). I submitted it right away in 2 days by email. Thereafter on august 29th, I received the acknowledgement of application with UCI number. Based on this and in the light of the below status, when do you think I can expect a decision

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx on May 14, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: xxxxxx.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 29, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 6, 2019.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi..

This is what appears when I login and see the status of my parents sponsorship using the UCI number provided. I just needed to understand one thing. Around July 17th 2019, they sent me correspondence saying that the application is incomplete for want of signatures in 2 places i.e. Form 5339 and information of my co signer (was provided but somehow they wanted it again). I submitted it right away in 2 days by email. Thereafter on august 29th, I received the acknowledgement of application with UCI number. Based on this and in the light of the below status, when do you think I can expect a decision

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx on May 14, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: xxxxxx.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 29, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 6, 2019.
follow PGP2019 tracker

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :

Reactions: Rushdanalb

Mariads

Sep 11, 2019
  • Line # in tracker:
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 14, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): August 29, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :

Reactions: robertp

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi
on Aug 29th I was requested to send my father death certificate which I faxed the same day.
Today after 2 weeks I called them to verify if they have received it since there has been no correspondence of acknowledgment. The agent put me on hold for 15 minutes but could not find it anywhere in my file. She did not advise me on what to do next and said it might take longer to show up in the file, however their request letter mentioned "fax" would be the fastest way!

Should I now mail the death certificate just to be on the safe side? Is there any other option?
Thanks!

zedman

Dec 1, 2017
@YULIA-2016

Please add this to tracker,
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 17, 2019
  • AoR Received : August 13, 2019
  • Sponsorship In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: September 11, 2019
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Request Date : September 10, 2019
  • Medical Request:
  • Principal Applicant Decision Made Date:
  • MyCIC Update: Decision Made for Sponsor and In Process for Principal Applicant

Reactions: robertp