+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
In addition, my mom's passport will be expired in Mar 2020 and she is here in Canada. Can I renew her passport in Canada before going back home? Has anybody done this before? Will this make her authorized stay stamp in the old passport invalid?
According to my understanding if you have a new passport then consulate will invalidate the old passport which mean everything related to old passport is invalid including travels and visas because Visas are one to one documents means that they are only valid to the document they are issued to (I do not have knowledge if there is exception to this). I do not suggest to get into passport change unless absolutely important. Remember any change in travel document still needs to be submitted to CIC for PGP which means one more step towards your application.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
According to my understanding if you have a new passport then consulate will invalidate the old passport which mean everything related to old passport is invalid including travels and visas because Visas are one to one documents means that they are only valid to the document they are issued to (I do not have knowledge if there is exception to this). I do not suggest to get into passport change unless absolutely important. Remember any change in travel document still needs to be submitted to CIC for PGP which means one more step towards your application.
FYI : Visa stamp on old passport still valid if it is not expired on old passport. passport holder have to carry Old and New passport to travel.

Reactions: DoubleS and ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
The visas and stamps still remain valid :)
It is when you become a permanent resident and do flag poling, then the previous CANADIAN visa you have- student/work permit/visitors- they are cancelled.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly

rajaram

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-May-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 3-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
Never
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Never
Med's Request
18-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2014 for me and kids, 5 Jan 2015 for my wife
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
14-May-2015
Recieved Biometrics request this morning for my dad.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please correct line 225

SA Decision Made is 9/6
Medical Request for mom received today 9/10

Question: My mom extended her stay until July of this year, so she had her medicals done last February 2019, can we use/submit this medical report instead of redoing the medical tests?

What is the best approach to do this? Upload in her CIC account or send via webform?

Thank you!
Congratulations. I was in similar situation. I submitted my moms previous medical results for visitor visa extension via web form as per CIC call center agents and panel Physician. I had submitted my father's death certificate along with it as they had requested it. God knows what happens now ! I saw a new update in my CIC account stating received additional documents and updated.

Good luck !

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Hi @robertp, Can you update my entry in the tracker (sorry, don't know the row number):
  • AoR Received (DATE): Aug 8
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: In Progress
  • Sponsorship In process Date: N/A
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date: N/A
  • Biometric request date : Sep 9
  • MyCIC update: Linked.
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : Medical requested Sep 10
  • Comment: Question: Does PCC request come after Medical & Biometrics?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi @robertp, Can you update my entry in the tracker (sorry, don't know the row number):
what is your In process date as per Ecas ?
What is your DM date? Today?

Question: Does PCC request come after Medical & Biometrics?
Ans: its depends on LVO where your parents PR file transfer for processing. CPC -M request IME first / NDVO requeste PCC first as per tracker.

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Congratulations. I was in similar situation. I submitted my moms previous medical results for visitor visa extension via web form as per CIC call center agents and panel Physician. I had submitted my father's death certificate along with it as they had requested it. God knows what happens now ! I saw a new update in my CIC account stating received additional documents and updated.

Good luck !

Thank you for your reply.

I think I will do the same.
Did you attach like a cover letter explaining about the Medical Report still being valid?

How long after you sent it via webform did it show the update on your CIC account?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Can anyone explain why medical request came before SA?? At this point. AOR means sponsor approved??
Because I used to apply for PNP program. Decision Made AFTER medical passed. I dont know how does it work

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Can anyone explain why medical request came before SA?? At this point. AOR means sponsor approved??
Because I used to apply for PNP program. Decision Made AFTER medical passed. I dont know how does it work
AoR = Acknowledgment Of Reception
Medical will request after Sponsorship Approved