+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

luckymimi

May 9, 2019
She came on visitor visa, where can i find 08 digit client ID number ?

There is a 10 digit number on her visa stamp. I tried with that, nothing came up..

can you please shed some light.

Thanks,
I have 8 digit number on visa stamp, not sure why she get 10 digit. You will not able to log in, until visa officer process your file.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
CIC already officially announced trough Twitter that "PGP will not reopen in 2019. You can check our website to see if you are eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html…. Please visit our website regularly for all updates on the PGP program"
check last point on : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html.

Website did not say about NOT reopen in 2019. Just FYI

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
They also mention that "if you successfully submitted the interest to sponsor form and you’re not invited in 2019, we’ll keep your submission and contact information."... That could mean that while they have sent out around 26,XXX no. of invitations, they may just process 20,000 this year and the rest of 6,XXX may be processed next year.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011

@YULIA-2016 PPR received. All the best to everyone
Wow...Huge congratulations to you and you family. You made it.
Yes, New Delhi is much faster as its asking for PCC at the same time as other documents. I am assuming other NDVO applicants will soon get PPR request as well. CPC-M earlier asked for PCC before IME but since few earlier cases, they have not asked for PCC from anyone. I wonder if it will come in batches like AOR and IME requests.

Reactions: rsky and bdidol

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
They also mention that "if you successfully submitted the interest to sponsor form and you’re not invited in 2019, we’ll keep your submission and contact information."... That could mean that while they have sent out around 26,XXX no. of invitations, they may just process 20,000 this year and the rest of 6,XXX may be processed next year.
That statement applies to those who were NOT invited

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011

@YULIA-2016 PPR received. All the best to everyone

Yes, New Delhi is much faster as its asking for PCC at the same time as other documents. I am assuming other NDVO applicants will soon get PPR request as well. CPC-M earlier asked for PCC before IME but since few earlier cases, they have not asked for PCC from anyone. I wonder if it will come in batches like AOR and IME requests.
You're right, I think they are just waiting for the people who were sent the IME to complete the Medicals before they can start issuing PCC requests in another batch.

Also, I think it is just the number of cases being handled which makes NDVO faster than CPC-M as CPC-M may have a much larger number of cases to deal with. However, how or why did some people get assigned to NDVO and why some to CPC-M is anybody's guess.