+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@robertp and @YULIA-2016

Not sure if you update this info, but just in case))
Documents requested on August 27th sent to IRCC today, September 3 via email.
How long is it approximately until they will update the ECAS or until I get AoR?

Line 368 I believe. May 31 applicant
Thanks

Reactions: robertp

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I am a primary applicant for Canadian PR (expecting ITA) soon. Once, we decide to settle in Canada, can even my wife sponsor her parents? Or only primary applicant can sponsor his parents/grand parents? Appreciate response.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I am a primary applicant for Canadian PR (expecting ITA) soon. Once, we decide to settle in Canada, can even my wife sponsor her parents? Or only primary applicant can sponsor his parents/grand parents? Appreciate response.
Once your wife is PR, she can sponsor her parents. But she will have to show income for 3 consecutive years (you can become a co-signer to meet the income requirements), but 3 years income is a must.

YourMama

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Thank you for update! It seems Warsaw processes faster this year.
@robertp please update
@newandold I was quite surprised. I didn't expect to hear from them this year. Some people in Warsaw timeline thread had to wait for 8-12 months after their case was transferred to Warsaw. It looks like parents sponsorship applications go through faster. You should hear from them soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Parent sponsorship programs can change yearly. Who knows who the requirement will be 4 years from now but your wife must realize that sponsoring parents is not guaranteed.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hi, Folks can you advise, my mother did her medical in June 2019 for her super visa extension. Can I send the results of the same by IRCC webform and try for an exemption for IME.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one of you can sponsor but it is too early as per current requirements you need to show three years of household incomes . So if you come this year for good and you started right away a job you will be eligible to sponsor parents in 2022.

Last edited:

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Everyone wants to know when they can expect the next update. All the information below is based on currently available numbers and is always just an approximation. For example, for AoR we already know it's more than that as it would mean early June getting them, and so on.

AoR: The general trend is that of an increase but it's been up and down. The best guess would be around 90 days from when the application was received based on just recent numbers.

IP: This is interesting as it's much better estimated relative to when the application was received, not AoR. The wait has been gradually increasing. Up to May 21 applications should expect IP around the start of next week. Up to May 22 by the end of next. Up to May 24 by the end of the next one if all stays the same.

Bio, etc. : This has been all over the place but rapidly decreasing. Right now it seems to be within a single week from IP, so that's your best guess.