+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi @robertp and @YULIA-2016!

I am now able to access ECAS and link to MyCIC.

Please update line #311
Hi, In order to link in ECAS, how many family members you have included?

From your previous post you mentioned, you were sponsoring "your parents (mom and dad). Youry husband is co-signing.. and have 1 child".

Thank you

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi @robertp and @YULIA-2016! I have just received the SA letter from my lawyer, but the letter's date is from yesterday. My LVO is Mexico!

My family and I have never lived there, we are originally from Brazil but have been living in Canada since 2015. I saw that @diegosolano also had his file transferred to Mexico LVO although he is from Venezuela. @diegosolano, have you lived in Mexico?

line: 178
LVO: Mexico

Thank you! :)
There hasn't been a Canadian embassy for permanent residence applications in Venezuela for at least 6 years, therefore, all the cases go to Mexico
Mexico visa office deals with most of the Central American cases including: Aruba, Belize, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Cuba (office closed recently), Curaçao, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico (obviously), Nicaragua, Panama and Venezuela (source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html)

I find it weird that they sent a Brazil applicant to Mexico, given that there's a LVO in Sao Paulo, though it's not out of the ordinary as I have seen many cases for spousal sponsorship that have been sent there... I would presume this has to do with Mexico being a very robust visa office and they are not willing to send it to smaller offices, but who knows

Reactions: idefix

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
There hasn't been a Canadian embassy for permanent residence applications in Venezuela for at least 6 years, therefore, all the cases go to Mexico
Mexico visa office deals with most of the Central American cases including: Aruba, Belize, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Cuba (office closed recently), Curaçao, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico (obviously), Nicaragua, Panama and Venezuela (source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html)

I find it weird that they sent a Brazil applicant to Mexico, given that there's a LVO in Sao Paulo, though it's not out of the ordinary as I have seen many cases for spousal sponsorship that have been sent there... I would presume this has to do with Mexico being a very robust visa office and they are not willing to send it to smaller offices, but who knows
Thank you for the comprehensive information! My PR process was done in Sao Paulo Visa Office back in 2014, so I also wonder why they picked Mexico Visa Office if we never lived in Mexico. But it they process most Central American cases in Mexico, then processing a South American case does not seem to be too far fetched ;) I wish everything goes super fast for both of us at the Mexico Visa Office :)

MITESHKAPADIA

Apr 19, 2011
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
PER received on 21st December 2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
24-02-2012 Medical sent: 27-02-2012 RPRF encashed on 23rd march
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2012 Passport sent: 27-02-2012 RPRF encashed on 23rd march
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2012.......
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You should be relieved now! They are clearing up all the backlog from last week.
Absolutely. Buy you know it's human nature. Now next chapter in process. :)
Thanks

ThySage

Jun 27, 2019
Hi all,
1.can an application be linked under both sponsor's and applicant's MyCIC accounts simultaneously or just either one?
2. If one, which is the preferred one? As I understand both parties will receive their own correspondences from IRCC.
Thanks.

wilmerserrano

Nov 30, 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016 and @robertp

An update, please!

PGP - 2019
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Colombia
Province: QC
Invitation Receive Date: Apr. 25
App. Received in Ottawa Date: May 13
ECAS updated "App. Received": Jul 11
AOR Received: Jul 11
Local Visa Office: CPC-Mississauga
ECAS updated Sponsor "In Progress": Aug 27
ECAS updated PRA "In Progress": Aug 27

Thank you!

harsh0710

Dec 26, 2018
I have applied for my parents sponsorship this year. My file was received on June 18, 2019 and I haven't got anything back from CIC. My parents are from India. I am from Brampton, Canada
I would like to add my information to the spreadsheet as well for reference. Please advise how can I do that @robertp

Thanks
Harshdeep SIngh

Last edited:
Reactions: Sumeet2019

MITESHKAPADIA

Apr 19, 2011
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2012.......
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I got this email today. this is the first email from CRC. Does that mean my IMM5476 was incorrectly filled ? Did you get the similar message ?

Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to your application to sponsor your parent(s) or grandparent(s) (PGP) XXXX under the Family Class.
Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019.
Your application number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence related to this file. This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records.

Important information about using a representative:
A Use of Representative form (IMM 5476) must be submitted with an immigration application if the applicant used the services of a representative (such as an immigration consultant or lawyer) to help them prepare their application, or if the applicant wishes to appoint a representative (friend or family member) to conduct business on their behalf with IRCC.
If you appointed a representative and the IMM 5476 was correctly completed and signed, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the representative’s email or mailing address.
When submitting your PGP application:
 If a paid or unpaid representative’s address was used as the mailing address for the sponsor or principal applicant on the application and a completed and signed IMM 5476 was not submitted; or
 If a paid representative was appointed using a IMM5476 but is not in good standing; and/or
 The IMM 5476 you submitted was not correctly completed and/or signed as required to appoint a paid or unpaid representative;
I think that's there typical format. I received AoR yesterday and says exactly same thing. I think message here is if you don't follow all these than communication goes to sponsor or principal applicant.
This is my understanding. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding.

MITESHKAPADIA

Apr 19, 2011
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2012.......
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@robertp Hi Robert , I have received AOR on Aug 27 , 2019 . Please update the tracker , Thanks
Did you try linking your application. I tried yesterday couple of times. Didn't work. Will have wait for 24 hours because I exceeded 5 attempts.

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
I have applied for my parents sponsorship this year. My file was received on June 18, 2019 and I haven't got anything back from CIC. My parents are from India. I am from Brampton, Canada
I would like to add my information to the spreadsheet as well for reference. Please advise how can I do that.

Thanks
Harshdeep SIngh

Please tag Robert @robertp

Reactions: harsh0710