+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
hi friends
I just know the application has been received on 7 June but after that I don't know how you guys are checking the application status.
- did you receive any email that has application number
- how you guys are receiving medical and PCC via email of just on line update.
I am very panic as I don't know how to check all this PLEASE HELP FRIENDS

Last edited:

bdg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
Received an email from CIC today stating that my application is incomplete because 5406 is missing for both my parents which i submitted.
Anyone else had the same issue; if so what you did?
Do they Acknowledge the receipt of submitted missing docs?

Reactions: robertp

jeevancm07

Jul 12, 2019
@YULIA-2016
@robertp

Please update the status in Tracker, Line # 262 jeevancm07

I got an email from CIC on August 06, 2019 stating "Your application is incomplete. The Schedule A (IMM 5669) is missing a handwritten signature. Although the current form states that an electronic signature acceptable, due to legislation changes as of May 22nd, 2018, a handwritten signature is required for this form. Please provide a newly completed Schedule A (IMM 5669) and ensure that you sign the form by hand once printed."

I have sent the IMM 5669 for my parents signed today by email.

No status update in eCAS or MYCIC. Got a Application number starts with XF.

Reactions: idefix and robertp
R

Ron_13

hi friends
I just know the application has been received on 7 June but after that I don't know how you guys are checking the application status.
Sorry but people like yourself should hire a immigration consultants or lawyer rather than doing yourself. If you are not tech savvy or not willing to research online how all this works you better get help from a friend or lawyer. You will face significant delays in your processing if you panic like this and doesn't know how to respond to IRCC. I believe you must have represented yourself for handling your parents application. So now you have to be on your foot ready to respond as quickly as possible and to do so you have to know the general timeline of everyone's case from excel sheet.
You asked ooh what is a Ecas I don't even know? But did you manage to even Google up. If you just type Ecas in Google you will find the link and rest of the info. I don't know why you guys are so late on this forum but you need to give 15 mins everyday to check all the pages of forum to keep up-to-date on the queries you might face in coming days.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
The process seems to have slowed down at IRCC and I haven't seen many postings confirming the AoR after May 17th (application receipt date at Ottawa). I am also waiting for an email from IRCC as my application was received at CPC Ottawa on May 23rd.
I think we will see faster response moving forward as the % of applications recieved by ottawa in last 3-4 weeks were less compared to the beginning few weeks post invitation date , So hopefully they will get to Jun 28th files in next 2-3 weeks . For completed applications We might start seeing PPR's being issued as early as Oct / Nov timeframe... Lets hope for the best !! Do you guys see any impact from upcoming elections ? I hope not ..

#EEC

May 19, 2019
May 17th AoR only came on Saturday / Sunday for some. Next Friday/Saturday next batch will probably come. Based on what reported, they alreaey checked the file for completness at least till June 10th.
I doubt June 10 statement bcoz my application was received on 31 may n I am waiting 5669 request as I missed hand written signature....

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I doubt June 10 statement bcoz my application was received on 31 may n I am waiting 5669 request as I missed hand written signature....
There is a step before creating a prospect file#. May 23 is having getting the prospect file no and missing doc request. In the step before that, somone goes through the file for major flag issues. No action taken at this stage.

Reactions: #EEC

flexra

Apr 29, 2019
Hello Guys, could you please add me on the tracker spreadsheet? Here is my info:
Username: flexra
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Venezuela
Province: ON
Invitation Received Date: April 24th, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: June 7th, 2019

Thank you very much.

Reactions: idefix and robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
hi friends
Re-posting the process details:

1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. Every CO seems to have a different speed at which s/he processes the application....steps 8 to 12
  8. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  9. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  10. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  11. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility.

Preet_kaur

Mar 18, 2013
Hi @YULIA-2016 & @robertp
Could you please update my app details into the spreadsheet
Application Received by CIC - May 21
No AOR email yet but application shows received for online account
I am the sponsor, there is no co signer.
I am sponsoring my mother(PA) with 1 Dependent my sister.

Reactions: robertp