+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

BrownSanta

Aug 2, 2019
Hello All,

This might have been answered previously but I wasn't able to find the answer. I applied under PGP for my parents and their dependent.

I got the biometrics request today but it only had my dad's name on it. Does this mean that only he needs to provide biometrics or all 3 can use that letter to provide biometrics

Also, my dad is currently in India while my mother is visiting me on a super visa since Feb this year and brother is on a study permit. Are they exempted from Biometrics or do I need to send them back to India to get it done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

WPG_PR

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello All,

This might have been answered previously but I wasn't able to find the answer. I applied under PGP for my parents and their dependent.

I got the biometrics request today but it only had my dad's name on it. Does this mean that only he needs to provide biometrics or CIC will send individual letters to all people on the application?

Also, my dad is currently in India while my mother is visiting me on a super visa since Feb this year and brother is on a study permit. Are they exempted from Biometrics or do I need to send them back to India to get it done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
i think they are exempted but call cic and confirm!!

Reactions: BrownSanta

Sanjib2017

Nov 28, 2017
Went to the ASC in Helena, Montana about a 6 hour drive from Calgary as that was the closest one to us. Crossed the boarder at Carway and told the boarder agents we were going sightseeing.
The staff at the ASC in Helena were really nice and we were done in 15 mins, then the 6 hour drive back to Calgary with no issues coming back across the boarder. You need your biometrics request letter before you can book an appointment and the appointments are only available 2 weeks in advance, they don't allow walk-in's.
Did you apply USA visa before you go to Helena?

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Please dont give wrong info... no stamp mean 6 months.. for 2 year they put a date...
Please check with CBSA ...

Please check the link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/examination-admission-port-entry.html

If parents and grandparents who possess the temporary resident super visa or letter of introduction have a stamp in their passport with no handwritten date, or if they have no stamp, then the period of authorized stay is 2 years from the date of entry.

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
@robertp
at line 118
Finally got SA letter last night, i.e. Aug. 1st and LVO is CPC-Mississauga.
And Ecas status for PA is in progress since July 22nd.
Thank you!

And should I start to do PCC without a request from LVO?

Reactions: idefix and robertp

shims

Apr 27, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone tell me how to see ecas status ? who can see the status Sponsor or the sponsored person ?