+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

WPG_PR

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I think this will be generic message in MyCIC for all regardless status ...
Agree!!..They are not going to develop a new feature just because of multiple phone calls, It takes years to implement a new thing in govt offices. They announced it early this year for all applications that applicant now would be able to see progress bar. They dint mean to scare people, it was to help them. Don't worry about it guys!!

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
I think this will be generic message in MyCIC for all regardless status ...
Yes, I sponsored my wife in March 2019 and she had the same Progress bar and the processing time was 12 months as well on that bar with generic message. Her application was completed in less than 3 months. I am sure they will not take full 20 to 24 months as they will have a huge backlog every year for PGP.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Yes, I sponsored my wife in March 2019 and she had the same Progress bar and the processing time was 12 months as well on that bar with generic message. Her application was completed in less than 3 months. I am sure they will not take full 20 to 24 months as they will have a huge backlog every year for PGP.
Thanks !
That's comforting to know.

igor4rus

Jul 25, 2019
I dont think anyone from May 8th got medical request, i know only till May 7th got medicals request, and of course there are some misses till may 7th also, but in general, most of applicants till May 7th got Medical request
I am 2nd May, still application in process. Only AoR, Nothing changed after that.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Anyone recall any official IRCC info/msg before the Jan 28th EOI about below?

Individuals who submit an interest to sponsor form in 2019 but are not invited to apply, will have their form retained by IRCC for the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship program.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
OK, keep us updated if you see progress bar. This will help to confirm if the progress bar is ONLY for "application received" or everyone will see it irrespective of status.
Mine is application received by no progress bar !!! Maybe on the way :)

Reactions: calgary17

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Anyone else got this updated message in mycic today?

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
Date Received May 10, 2019 — Estimated Completion date May 10, 2021
same

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
congrats. when I sponsored my wife 9 years ago. It took 12 months. 3 months -- amazing.

Reactions: JasonDyk

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes sir i posted in both to get a good ans , thank you for reply , will i be able to see progress bar if i log in ?
Sorry. not a "sir".
I personally don't find the progress bar useful at all.
But the list of states will give you some idea of what's coming up next in the process. I use the spread sheet in this forumn to get an idea of roughly how long things may take. But as others said, each application is slightly different.