+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ash876

Mar 5, 2015
@robertp Line 94 - Got SA Approval letter on 19th July. Office is CPC-Mississauga.
Hi, Can you tell what is showing in your background check in Mycic. I am 6th may candidate. We got DM on same day but I haven’t received any medical req/bio request. No SA approval for me.
My background check says that they are processing my application before it was not applicable.
Appreciate your response.

BigB1

Jul 19, 2019
Anyone here with one parent passed away that was not requested to provide a death certificate as an additional document?
I am asking because I do not have my dad's death certificate and am wondering if they will ask everyone to provide it.
Thanks!
No they did not asked me for death certificate, already got request for Medical.

Reactions: deleter

cheemais

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
Hi, Can you tell what is showing in your background check in Mycic. I am 6th may candidate. We got DM on same day but I haven’t received any medical req/bio request. No SA approval for me.
My background check says that they are processing my application before it was not applicable.
Appreciate your response.
Mine says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
I am your neighbor in the sheet :) ..so I am hopeful now. By the way is there any update in mycic now in"review of eligibility"?
Here is the My CIC statuses:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
No they did not asked me for death certificate, already got request for Medical.
thanks so much for the reply!
May I ask when they passed away?
I think requesting death certificate might depend on when the parent has passed away... If it is long ago, they won't need it...My dad passed away 15 yrs ago...
but again these are just my assumptions.

Chinkoo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th August 2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER: 1st Dec 2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update: 2nd Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
File Transfer...
1st Dec 2014
Med's Request
26th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
28th Feb 2015, Third Line Updated on 6th Mar 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12th May 2015
LANDED..........
15th August 2015
I think requesting death certificate might depend on when the parent has passed away... If it is long ago, they won't need it...My dad passed away 15 yrs ago...
My dad passed away 19 years ago. I just got a request submit his death certificate. I guess it depends on the agent looking at your file .

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
you can make affidavit if you don't have death certificate just in case, if CIC ask for it. do not wait for last minute. When CIC request it submit affidavit.

Reactions: deleter and snganu

Chinkoo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th August 2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER: 1st Dec 2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update: 2nd Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
File Transfer...
1st Dec 2014
Med's Request
26th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
28th Feb 2015, Third Line Updated on 6th Mar 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12th May 2015
LANDED..........
15th August 2015
Anyone here with one parent passed away that was not requested to provide a death certificate as an additional document?
I am asking because I do not have my dad's death certificate and am wondering if they will ask everyone to provide it.
Thanks!
The letter that I received requested for my dad's death certificate. However it also said , in case I am not able to provide it I need to write the reason for it. Given below is the whats in the letter

All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. Failure to provide these item(s) may result in a delay in the processing of your application at the Visa Office.

BigB1

Jul 19, 2019
My dad passed away 25 years ago, I have death certificate, but they never asked.
I guess it depends on case to case and CO to CO.
I would suggest to have an explanation ready in case they ask for.

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Tried calling IRCC today, looks like they having problems with status update system and due to volume of the calls they can`t accept my call today :)
This might explain why we not seeing a lot of updates this week.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Tried calling IRCC today, looks like they having problems with status update system and due to volume of the calls they can`t accept my call today :)
This might explain why we not seeing a lot of updates this week.
This message they are giving for long may be months.

This is why I think it is easy to get hold of the agent but definitely it would not impact the processing time.

Try 2-1-0 option

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
A question around family size.

if one has a new born after the application and they have not given the consent for CRA, how would IRCC know that family size has changed?

or even when applying, if one did not include their children and did not provide CRA consent, how would IRCC know, if they have entered the correct family size.

By the way, I had entered correct information and I also update the IRCC about our new born from this month.