+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Called CIC, said file was received on May 9th,it only receive in the system and got temporary file number starting with XF.I dont think can pull up anything with this number
Did you receive any request for additional docs? Wonder why May 9 is still with temporary file number when others have already received AOR upto 14th May.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Did you receive any request for additional docs? Wonder why May 9 is still with temporary file number when others have already received AOR upto 14th May.
Nothing yet, i am also wondering why its taking so much time to see an update. Rep said every application is different(don't know what does that mean?)

blueiris1228

Jun 25, 2019
very disappointed to know that my LVO is New Delhi while my parents are already in here on super visa and at time of application they are already here. However I do not receive biometric letter which mean they do not have to do bio? Strange that they do not send us to Missisauga but to India, on the flip side I heard it is faster processing at oversea as they will still need to liaison with the visa office in country of citizenship for background check. However it would mean we need to spend money to go there when PP request come.
No, when PPR, you dont need to go back to your home country. You can send a request via webform and say your parents would like to get the immigration visa in Canada.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Nothing yet, i am also wondering why its taking so much time to see an update. Rep said every application is different(don't know what does that mean?)
That is an easy way for them to say we do not process in sequence, it is at the brim of the officers and when they pick up the box, there are many boxes of apps and some fast one pick the lucky ones

Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
very disappointed to know that my LVO is New Delhi while my parents are already in here on super visa and at time of application they are already here. However I do not receive biometric letter which mean they do not have to do bio? Strange that they do not send us to Missisauga but to India, on the flip side I heard it is faster processing at oversea as they will still need to liaison with the visa office in country of citizenship for background check. However it would mean we need to spend money to go there when PP request come.
Yes, the LVO choice is surprising.
Its all random as some applicants who are in India got CPC-Mississauga as their LVO.
However, nothing to worry, when PP request comes you can get it done from Canada itself.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp

I don't know if you update the tracker to this extend. MyCIC had status update today, of course, no email notification for these changes:

Review of additional documents
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided (Prior to today, N/A; requested documents sent via email attachments on Jul 2)
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. (Prior to today, N/A)

Reactions: robertp

gifty123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Anyone May 17 see any ECAS update today??
I called CIC last week and they confirmed my file is marked complete on July 15 means no document/signature is missing. S

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Anyone May 17 see any ECAS update today??
I called CIC last week and they confirmed my file is marked complete on July 15 means no document/signature is missing. S
Mine was received on May 17, I cant see ECAS and no AOR. Just got a temp file number.

Still waiting:)!