+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
May 7 applicants are also moving to DM stage, that's very fast processing. It seems once you go to In process, it will take a week or so to move to DM and request for medical etc.
Congrats to all who made it to this stage !

I am a May 10 applicant so still waiting with bated breath for my status to some day change from "application received" to "in process" OR if I get lucky may be directly to DM as some have seen here !
There is still many steps to go through.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Hey @robertp and other who are looking for updates :)

One of my close friend who is not in tracker got his ECAS status changed to in progress today and received Bio metrics request. His file received to Ottawa on May 7th.

Mine received on May 8th, so hoping soon :)
Hey @robertp and others who are waiting for updates.

This friend got medical request, ECAS changed to "DM" for sponsorship application and "in process" to PR application.

Im still waiting for the updates though, mine received a day after, which is May 8th

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I work in the public sector, I can make a prediction of what's happening here. All these CO are union employee. And as usual some are young, some are old (who usually can be very good or don't give a damn). What ever IRCC instructed them, they are either 1) not following it properly (that's why we are seeing so many inconsistencies, Bio request coming before DM etc), or 2) Too lazy (working say only with 5 files a day where another agent can work with 20 files).

But overall, still the process is going really first. I talked with couple of friend went through the PGP in last couple of yrs and they also said, if there is no issues, they become PR literally within 6 months of the application processing date.
There are 20K applications. It takes time to process things. Doesn’t mean people are lazy.

Reactions: Canada_Super

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no 20k cap this yr. This was confirmed by IRCC and also mentioned in the FAQ. Check the link at my signature(visible from PC or by enabling desktop view in mob browser)
Nobody has 100% confirmed this. One customer service officer said this. They said they were processing all the cases. Processing doesn’t mean accepting. I have tweeted asking for a confirmation and it has been over a week and no response.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Nobody has 100% confirmed this. One customer service officer said this. They said they were processing all the cases. Processing doesn’t mean accepting. I have tweeted asking for a confirmation and it has been over a week and no response.
why IRCC asking to submit application with fees if they don't want to process it?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
I am May 6, not even in process :(
Sponsoring mom, no co-signor, thought would be the quickest case. Probably my CO is on vacation :)

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp please Update my info in the sheet: They have asked for Medicals

Username mbatta
Sponsored People: Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Province: Ontario
Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: May 7, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): Jul 11, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: In Process
Sponsorship In process Date: - Jul 17, 2019
Sponsor ship Decision Made Date: -Jul 19,2019
Biometric request date :
Medical Request Date: July 19,2019
MyCIC update: Under review

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
lady_dee said:
I called CIC today.

ME: Would you be able to explain how does the 20,000 cut off works for the parents sponsorship.

CIC Agent: It is related to the initial application, the one that had a controversy.

ME: What about for those who got an invitation to apply, does it mean that we made it to the cut-off?

CIC: Yes, once you get the invitation to apply, it means there is no more 20,000 cut-off.

ME: Does it mean that I will not get an email saying I did not make it to the 20,000 cut off?

CIC: No you will not. You are safe. If you got an email inviting you to apply nothing to worry about. You are safe. You can bring your parents soon to Canada
This was a customer service agent not an official CIC announcement.

Reactions: caninfoseeker