+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Question 12. – Calculation of income based on the “Notice of Assessment”
12.A: Print the amount that appears at line 150 of the last Notice of Assessment issued to you by the CRA for the most recent taxation year.

12.B: Enter all of the following payments that were included in the amount at line 150 of your Notice of Assessment, add them up and print the total:

• Provincial instruction or training allowance;
  • Social assistance paid by a province;
  • Guaranteed income supplement paid under the Old Age Security Act; and
  • Employment insurance: maternity, parental and sickness benefits paid under the Employment Insurance Act are considered income. Other payments such as employment insurance and federal training allowances are not considered as income.
12.C: Deduct the total entered at 12.B (line 6) from the amount at 12.A (line 1). The result 12.C is your total income as per this method of calculation.

Link

and again I don't want to debate , Just share what I officially got from CIC to help the friends who applied with EI included in their income.
Up to every body to accept that or not.
By the way the decision is base on Officer - Really I wish best of luck for every Body

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Good luck with your version of understanding , hopefully you are right
It is not my version of understanding.
Its clear on the Law and The Officer Guide Lines (Officially provided by CIC)
I am not the person who in the position of understanding or Judging.
Just to share the information.

That's all . Maybe this info can help the person to be relax and use it for legal action.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I believe CIC will deduct regular EI from total income, but the evidence you guys present leaves room for future lawsuit.

1. You shouldn't be looking at a guide of a particular form that is not designated for parent sponsorship.
2. IMM5748 is an optional form. People who submit SIN do not have to open that form.
3. CIC call centre agent and twitter account only mentioned line 150 without any deduction information.

Again, I wouldn't take my chances so I already added my wife as a co-signer to avoid shit to happen. But for those who depend on regular EI income to meet MNI requirement, keep your fingers crossed and collect evidence that CIC is not providing enough info on this matter. You might get away with it because someone in 2018 PGP thread did, but that was totally at the VO's discretion.
Whoever have question about EI, I will direct to to form IMM 5748.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
this statement is ridiculous....CRA thinks regular EI is income and is always taxed...now you're saying regular income is NOT income....lol

Tell CRA "Hey you shouldn't be taxing me EI cuz CIC says it is not income"

It is not unfair , they are counting all EI except unemployment EI and that is not an income

Reactions: robertp

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I believe CIC will deduct regular EI from total income, but the evidence you guys present leaves room for future lawsuit.

1. You shouldn't be looking at a guide of a particular form that is not designated for parent sponsorship.
2. IMM5748 is an optional form. People who submit SIN do not have to open that form.
3. CIC call centre agent and twitter account only mentioned line 150 without any deduction information.

Again, I wouldn't take my chances so I already added my wife as a co-signer to avoid shit to happen. But for those who depend on regular EI income to meet MNI requirement, keep your fingers crossed and collect evidence that CIC is not providing enough info on this matter. You might get away with it because someone in 2018 PGP thread did, but that was totally at the VO's discretion.
IMM 5748 is in fact designated for parents sponsorship. It must be filled when you do not provide SIN. Providing SIN, on the other hand, is optional. So IMM 5748 is only optional for people of submit SIN but submitting SIN is optional for everyone.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
My point 1 was actually referring to people who was referencing GUIDE IMM 5482 which is for Form IMM 1283, a form not being used in PGP.
IMM 5748 is in fact designated for parents sponsorship. It must be filled when you do not provide SIN. Providing SIN, on the other hand, is optional. So IMM 5748 is only optional for people of submit SIN but submitting SIN is optional for everyone.

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
To all friends and Expert Member

For Whole procedure Instruction Guide Please refer to following Link.
You will get all the information from A To Z

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals.html

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Canada Border Services Agency employees consult operational bulletins (OBs) and manuals for guidance in the exercise of their functions and in applying the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act and their Regulations.
The Current Bulletins related To PGP program is Called IP2

Reactions: Canada_Super