+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I don't Get It Either

I called CIC on Jan 19, Feb 19 , and before sending application
They confirmed EI consider as an EI & they will refer to Line 150 for income and check eligibility in accordance with MNI
Also There is confirmation on IRCC official Twiter account.

But only one optional form IMM5748 you can find EI is deducted from total income.

That is really Unfair
Do you still meet LICO, if they deduct EI from total income ? Do you have a co-sponsor?

ihg

May 9, 2019
I don't Get It Either

They confirmed EI consider as an EI & they will refer to Line 150 for income and check eligibility in accordance with MNI

But only one optional form IMM5748 you can find EI is deducted from total income.

That is really Unfair
It is not unfair , they are counting all EI except unemployment EI and that is not an income

Arjun283

Jul 17, 2019
Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: June 17, 2019
AoR Received (DATE) :
Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
Sponsorship In process Date:
Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
Biomatric / IME / PCC date :
MyCIC update:
other comment: I applied for my parents.

Reactions: robertp

joshijay3006

May 14, 2018
I don't Get It Either

That is really Unfair
@mehrazsepehr
Yeah that’s totally unfair... do you have any update on ecas or cic? My file reached on May 8 and no update yet!

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi Friends,

To share my information to you and maybe can give peace of mind the finds who applied with EI.
I sent an email request for information to CIC.
Today I get replied.
The Agent send me full instruction package for assessing the file.
Its around 68 page.
They refer to section 5.32 from IP2 ( above mentioned Instruction called
IP 2 Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class
2011-02-28 23

here is the section:.

5.32. Minimum necessary income requirement: Low-Income Cut-Off levels (LICO) The sponsor’s income must meet the minimum necessary income requirement, as identified annually by Statistics Canada in LICO levels, to support all members of a sponsor’s own family and all sponsored persons and their family members, including family members listed as non- accompanying. The applicable LICO level is based on urban areas of 500,000 inhabitants or more, regardless of where the sponsor lives. For current LICO figures, see Appendix F. Sponsors should provide their latest Notice of Assessment from their Income Tax Return provided by Canada Revenue Agency or equivalent document (The “Option C printout” plus the DD.3 Printout which will provide copies of the T4's, T5s, etc.). “Total income” as referred to in R133(1)(j)(i) is the total income shown on line 150 of the Notice of Assessment. The “Option C printout” is provided free of charge by calling 1-800-959-8281. If sponsors cannot provide a Notice of Assessment/”Option C printout” or their income on the Notice of Assessment is insufficient, they must provide evidence that they meet the applicable minimum necessary income for the

12-month period immediately preceding the sponsorship application [R134]. Refer to section 22 if a change of circumstance occurs before the intial calculation.

Hope this will help.

Best Of Luck for every body.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: June 17, 2019
AoR Received (DATE) :
Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
Sponsorship In process Date:
Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
Biomatric / IME / PCC date :
MyCIC update:
other comment: I applied for my parents.
plese tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add/ update information in tracker.

joshijay3006

May 14, 2018
Yeah that’s totally unfair... do you have any update on ecas or cic? My file reached on May 8 and no update yet!
Hi Friends,

To share my information to you and maybe can give peace of mind the finds who applied with EI.
I sent an email request for information to CIC.
Today I get replied.
The Agent send me full instruction package for assessing the file.
Its around 68 page.
They refer to section 5.32 from IP2 ( above mentioned Instruction called
IP 2 Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class
2011-02-28 23

here is the section:.

5.32. Minimum necessary income requirement: Low-Income Cut-Off levels (LICO) The sponsor’s income must meet the minimum necessary income requirement, as identified annually by Statistics Canada in LICO levels, to support all members of a sponsor’s own family and all sponsored persons and their family members, including family members listed as non- accompanying. The applicable LICO level is based on urban areas of 500,000 inhabitants or more, regardless of where the sponsor lives. For current LICO figures, see Appendix F. Sponsors should provide their latest Notice of Assessment from their Income Tax Return provided by Canada Revenue Agency or equivalent document (The “Option C printout” plus the DD.3 Printout which will provide copies of the T4's, T5s, etc.). “Total income” as referred to in R133(1)(j)(i) is the total income shown on line 150 of the Notice of Assessment. The “Option C printout” is provided free of charge by calling 1-800-959-8281. If sponsors cannot provide a Notice of Assessment/”Option C printout” or their income on the Notice of Assessment is insufficient, they must provide evidence that they meet the applicable minimum necessary income for the

12-month period immediately preceding the sponsorship application [R134]. Refer to section 22 if a change of circumstance occurs before the intial calculation.

Hope this will help.

Best Of Luck for every body.

@mehrazsepehr
This article is still not clear on ei or may be i am not getting it?

Can you please explain if they cic are going to count ei in total income(line 150) or not as per this clause?

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Just For Information

Section 5.30 Of (Instruction called IP 2 Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class 2011-02-28 23)

Financial requirements The financial test is needed to prove that sponsors can support sponsored persons for the period of the undertaking. For more details, see Minimum Necessary Income Requirement: Low-Income Cut-Off levels (LICO), section 5.32, Exception to Minimum Necessary Income Requirement, section 5.33 and Low Income Cut-Off and Quebec Income Scale, Appendix F. Financial resources: • may include the resources of the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner if the sponsor’s financial resources are inadequate and the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner declares their resources as income on their Canadian tax return and they co-sign the undertaking. • cannot include pooled resources from other relatives to meet the income test. Financial resources must originate from Canadian sources for the following reasons: • employment income abroad is not a reliable indicator of future or stable employment in Canada. • CPC staff cannot easily verify if foreign income can be transferred to Canada. • converting foreign income into Canadian dollars is resource-intensive. • in cases of default, collection and litigation, it is easier to recover income from Canadian sources. For more information, see: Exceptions to the Canadian income rule, section 5.31

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@mehrazsepehr

Can you please explain if they cic are going to count ei in total income(line 150) or not as per this clause?

Question 12. – Calculation of income based on the “Notice of Assessment”
12.A: Print the amount that appears at line 150 of the last Notice of Assessment issued to you by the CRA for the most recent taxation year.

12.B: Enter all of the following payments that were included in the amount at line 150 of your Notice of Assessment, add them up and print the total:

• Provincial instruction or training allowance;
  • Social assistance paid by a province;
  • Guaranteed income supplement paid under the Old Age Security Act; and
  • Employment insurance: maternity, parental and sickness benefits paid under the Employment Insurance Act are considered income. Other payments such as employment insurance and federal training allowances are not considered as income.
12.C: Deduct the total entered at 12.B (line 6) from the amount at 12.A (line 1). The result 12.C is your total income as per this method of calculation.

Link

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
@mehrazsepehr

As Per CIC email, Twiter and their instruction guide line forwarded above they only consider Line 150 - Regardless what included

So Yes EI & All other sources if from Canadian Sources and includes in Line 150 Consider as an income.

mehrazsepehr

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Question 12. – Calculation of income based on the “Notice of Assessment”
12.A: Print the amount that appears at line 150 of the last Notice of Assessment issued to you by the CRA for the most recent taxation year.

12.B: Enter all of the following payments that were included in the amount at line 150 of your Notice of Assessment, add them up and print the total:

• Provincial instruction or training allowance;
  • Social assistance paid by a province;
  • Guaranteed income supplement paid under the Old Age Security Act; and
  • Employment insurance: maternity, parental and sickness benefits paid under the Employment Insurance Act are considered income. Other payments such as employment insurance and federal training allowances are not considered as income.
12.C: Deduct the total entered at 12.B (line 6) from the amount at 12.A (line 1). The result 12.C is your total income as per this method of calculation.

Link
I know that form and guide line but this letter is emailed from CIC
and this instruction is the booklet which is bible for the officer.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I know that form and guide line but this letter is emailed from CIC
and this instruction is the booklet which is bible for the officer.
I am failed to see what that "Bible" saying about EI and why you are discarding the CIC official link & instruction about what "income" means.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
This IS the problem. Why are you referencing a guide of a form that is NOT being used for parent sponsorship?

How the hell do parent sponsors know we should look for this kind of info OUTSIDE the parent sponsorship page?

Even CIC does not have consistent response on this matter.

As I mentioned earlier, in this particular program, only an optional form IMM5748 mentioned that regular EI does not count. But for someone who submits SIN for income verification, s/he does not even have to open IMM5748

Reactions: Netesteph

ihg

May 9, 2019
As Per CIC email, Twiter and their instruction guide line forwarded above they only consider Line 150 - Regardless what included

So Yes EI & All other sources if from Canadian Sources and includes in Line 150 Consider as an income.
Good luck with your version of understanding , hopefully you are right