+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

joshijay3006

May 14, 2018
My application rcvd on May 8, No ECAS yet. When I called cic, agent told me that my file is in very very beginning stage and I won’t be able to see any update for 3 months. They will not tell me what’s hold up since they can’t see my representative form. I am not sure what to do. Any expert advice?

FYI - I am going to resend my representative form today.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My application rcvd on May 8, No ECAS yet. When I called cic, agent told me that my file is in very very beginning stage and I won’t be able to see any update for 3 months. They will not tell me what’s hold up since they can’t see my representative form. I am not sure what to do. Any expert advice?

Many got E-Case available for May 8 submission .
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Question.. my mom is in toronto we are yet to receive AOR and yet to get an update in ecas.. in the mean time we have requested for her visitor visa extension.. if I get biometrics request in the mean time we cannot goto USA as she will be in implied status .. what else can be done???? Can we goto any VAC to take the biometrics within canada?
No.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

People from upto May 17th got AoR, so the agent was BS'ing.

For people within these dates where no ecas or AoR, I am wondering what are the reasons for hold ups.

xiaomin

Apr 24, 2019
Unfortunately - that may not be the best option in my case. Do you know at what stage in the process - this request is made ?
I received bio notice on the same day of IP(July 11, my application was received on May 3). My mother is still here and she was here when we submitted the application as well.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
@YULIA-2016

Please update the spreadsheet!

My parents application went in process on July 4, 2019! Application has 2 applicants and today on Sunday, I received Biometric requests for both applicants! Both ECAS still says in process.
WOW does that mean IRCC works on Sunday or you just check it on Sunday and the biometric request maybe was last Friday? Did you check the date on the letter and until when you must do biometric?

Reactions: rx_tech

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My application was received in Ottawa May 7, but can't find anything in my online cic account nor ecas. Should I be worried and try to call for updates?
No need to worry. your application will process . no one reported CIC return back any application because of missing info.
call CIC to make sure they received . try to get file # or temp . file #.

ELH

May 26, 2014
@YULIA-2016 Please add me on the time sheet:

Sponsored People: Mom/Dad
Parents Country of Citizenship: Egypt
Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: May 22,2019
AoR Received (DATE) : n/a

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
I received bio notice on the same day of IP(July 11, my application was received on May 3). My mother is still here and she was here when we submitted the application as well.
Your vo didn't update the Ecas status, most likely it's been in process for a while. Regarding the bio request, you have to use your Canadian address as applicants residence. At least that's the case for a few of us who didn't get the bio request at DM1.

gestacio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Just a question for those who called to ask for a temporary file #, the voice prompt asks for application #? How do you override this?

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Finally good news.. I just checked my ECAS this morning .. precisely 0300 hrs AB. time.
ECAS - 15 July
CIC Linked - 15 July

NO AOR ; I used my temp file number without the 'X'

Hopefully it is Godspeed from here. Thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes. This forum has been awesome.

Reactions: qjzhou and robertp

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
...continuing the discussion from a few pages back re: obtaining PCC for India folks from a Passport Seva Kendra...

• Parents Visited the Passport Office today (had an appointment)
  • Original docs (Passport / Adhaar Card) were verified and handed back. All addresses match and are current. PCC is not issued same day, verification is required.
  • The file has now gone to the local SP office for verification.
  • All clear will be issued from the local Police Station. Timeframe depends on workload. Anything from 2 days to whenever. The Passport Seva agent has seen timeframes ranging from 1 week to 2-3 months.
  • Upon all clear, PCC will be issued from Passport Seva Kendra. Have to visit in person for pickup. No option of having it mailed.
  • People whose parents are here should obviously get PCC from consulate.
  • Application status can be tracked online. Current status:

PCC application has been granted on 15/07/2019. Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to SP Office, District East Delhi. PCC needs to be collected from the Passport Seva Kendra where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Regional Passport Office. The applicant would receive an e-mail/sms once the PCC is ready for collection.

Process is documented here:
https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/India_-_Obtain_a_Police_Clearance_Certificate
Step 12,13 &14 are the time-consuming stages.

Last edited:

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
WOW does that mean IRCC works on Sunday or you just check it on Sunday and the biometric request maybe was last Friday? Did you check the date on the letter and until when you must do biometric?
Hello, I check it almost every few hours every day as long as I am awake :):) I got it on Sunday at 2:58 PM and the letter is also dated July 14, 2019. As per the letter, I have 30 days to do biometrics (Aug 14, 2019).