+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All, my parents have lived in Canada for 6 months on a Supervisa. Would they be required to submit a PCC from Canada? They're planning to go back to India soon...so wondering if CIC ask for Canada PCC where and how in India will it be done from?

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Re-posting my previous official communication with IRCC:

Biometrics for parents already in Canada:

Whether your parents need to give biometrics is specific to their case – we can't tell you for sure if they will need to give biometrics. You can pay the other fees with your application, and if you do need biometrics, we'll contact you and ask you to pay the fee. Note: If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. ou should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.

PCC

You should wait until IRCC sends you a police certificate request with information on which countries you need police certificates for and certificate validity. Please wait for a response from IRCC.

Medical

You can choose a panel physician anywhere in the world, even in a different country from where you live: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=033&top=4 … Medical exam results are valid for 12 months only.
that'S CRAZY HOW ONE SHOULD JUST TRAVEL ABROAD TO GIVE BIOMETRICS. TICKETS AINT CHEAP TO GO IF PEOPLE LIVE FAR AWAY. bUT i DONT THINK THAT CAN HAPPEN.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
New to the forum

YULIA-2016 Please add my details

Sponsored people: Mom
Country of citizenship: China
Province: Ontario
Invitation Email: Apr 25, 2019
Application Received by CIC: April 29, 2019.
Ecas : available on May 30, 2019
Ecas status: Decision Made July 3, 2019
myCic: link application on May 31, 2019
Additional Documents requested: June 11, 2019 My Mom's Divorce Certificate
July 3, 2019 household registry &
Police Certificate(Multiple) Canada+home country
Congrats on the progress!

I don't believe you need a PCC for Canada, go to the link on the letter and look up Canada. For PCC within Canada, it will be requested at a later day, as a form of criminal record check. If you have any doubt, please call IRCC call centre to verify. I am on the same boat and only provided PCC for China as advised by previous years sponsors and IRCC call centre agent.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hi All, my parents have lived in Canada for 6 months on a Supervisa. Would they be required to submit a PCC from Canada? They're planning to go back to India soon...so wondering if CIC ask for Canada PCC where and how in India will it be done from?
Since they are Indian residents, Indian PCC can be obtained from the passport office in India (Passport Seva Kendra). Most likely they won’t need a PCC from Canada. If it were some other country, yes they would ask for it. However, not something you should worry about at this stage. Long way to go. IRCC will contact you whenever they need something.

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Application delivered 30th April. Application account linked: June 1st.

The status is still: 'Application received 30th April'

Any thoughts on why still no 'In process' ?? Could it be because I applied from Mississauga (which is renowned for being extremely slow)?

Thanks folks.

APPLE@0722

Jul 4, 2019
Seems no request for biometrics. Can you please confirm that your mom was in Canada at the time of application submission? Thanx

Yes, She came to Canada December 2018 with her super visa, and has't left since then.

If count from the time that I submitted the application, she only here for 5 months, count from now is over 6 months, I guess that's why
she needs to provide Canada police certificate as well.
I was told it takes 2-3 weeks to get it, anyone has suggestions if I don't receive the police certificate by a month,
should I send in the receipt as evidence?

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
For anyone is following my progress, there's an update on MyCIC. I didn't get any notifications although MyCIC portal said I would. Review of eligibility changed since yesterday DM. I don't think this needs to be updated in the tracking sheet.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: skFSW