+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Call agents couldnt help much as expected. She said this is a first year program, technically everyone needs biometrics but maybe for applicants inside Canada, it's case by case so no receiving the request is not "unheard of". I guess I'll just wait until next request arrives. I have already submitted all requested docs.

Sponsor also called to confirm the decision is positive after DM, however, need to wait for the official DM letter.

Hope this helps
Thanks for informing. Just a matter of waiting and luck now. Best wishes!

Awu

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
cic received my application on May 2nd. I got an email requesting marriage certificate. I sent marriage license by mistake. I can’t check any status online. The email said my application is incomplete.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Hello, my parents have been approved for Super Visa's and are coming to stay with us later this year. For 2020 PG Sponsorship applications, my understanding is that they can still apply while staying in Canada with us?

Also, will they need to do their Biometric exam again for the PG Sponsorship? They have a valid one existing from the most recent Super Visa approval for 10 years.

Thank you

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello, my parents have been approved for Super Visa's and are coming to stay with us later this year. For 2020 PG Sponsorship applications, my understanding is that they can still apply while staying in Canada with us?

Also, will they need to do their Biometric exam again for the PG Sponsorship? They have a valid one existing from the most recent Super Visa approval for 10 years.

Thank you
1)Yes you can apply for 2020 PGP
2)Biometric required for PR application

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Based on this response, it is my firm belief that IRCC will not request biometrics from those who already got it done for Super Visa or visitor visa and is within 10 year validity. However it will request biometrics from all others whether in Canada or not.
Why do you think so? They mentioned if you are in Canada and received Bio request letter you must leave Canada to do it

Nmaster007

Jul 4, 2019
Hi all. i mailed out the application package via Canada post on June 3rd. Tracking number confirmed package was delivered on June 5th. I haven't receive confirmation from IRCC yet. Do i need to worry? just wondering how long did you guys wait for the confirmation. thanks.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Why do you think so? They mentioned if you are in Canada and received Bio request letter you must leave Canada to do it
As I said, it has nothing to do with your location. Do we have a case on this forum where parents have already done Bio metrics for Super or Visitor VISA and still received Bio metric request?

redmonkey1995

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
As I said, it has nothing to do with your location. Do we have a case on this forum where parents have already done Bio metrics for Super or Visitor VISA and still received Bio metric request?
My parents got a super visa and is travelling to Canada but I got biometric request as well