+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
@YULIA-2016

Please update line 14, ECAS Sponsorship Application Status changed to Decision Made

All previously requested documents sent on Jul 2

No Biometrics letter yet. I hope with applicant being inside Canada, I don't have to, but I will give IRCC call centre a call later to further clarify.
Congrats! Did you pay biometric fees upfront otherwise or not?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Question for all; I really don't understand why some people didn't pay the Biometric fee upfront. I mean that is the first thing that CIC requests and this results in unnecessary delay to the processing.

Everyone has to provide Biometrics and it's not as if the fee will be waived / reduced if paid later. I refuse to believe that money (170$ for two parents) would be an issue, I mean this is an undertaking to sponsor and be financially responsible for parents for 20 years...

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
so this biometric is sticky, can we really do it in USA or no? Mexico city seems too high crime to travel there
I go there once a month for work. I can assure you that within the City / where the embassy is, the level of threat is no different from walking in Toronto on a sidewalk and a van running you over...(deepest sympathies to the victims of the Van attack)...

On another note, my parents are vacationing in Hobart, Australia for 4 months (after 2 months) and will likely have to do their biometrics in Sydney / Melbourne...

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Congrats! Did you pay biometric fees upfront otherwise or not?
Yes I did.

Another theory is for applicants inside Canada, IRCC might want to hold off until domestic facilities are set up.. who knows.. I will call IRCC later on today to find out more hopefully..

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
I think I read on the post that biometrics can be done at USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) / VAC. If it can be done in ASC then there are many options.
Yes, these can be done at ASCs in the USA. There are many options in ASCc. they will ask for just 13 digit IRCC number to schedule your appointment.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
So, unsure if I am being impatient or missing something...My application was received on 26 June. CIC told me that the file will get updated in 5 days - however, when I try to log in to ECAS, this is what I get:

On-Line Services

FAQ | Security

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
So, unsure if I am being impatient or missing something...My application was received on 26 June. CIC told me that the file will get updated in 5 days - however, when I try to log in to ECAS, this is what I get:

On-Line Services

FAQ | Security

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
check again in three months... waiting time...
they are currently reviewing ones sent on May10th and they have been stuck on May10th for the last week or so

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

On-Line Services

FAQ | Security

this will apply only for online submission Not for paper ( post mail ) submission ( PGP Program).

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Yes I did.

Another theory is for applicants inside Canada, IRCC might want to hold off until domestic facilities are set up.. who knows.. I will call IRCC later on today to find out more hopefully..
Sounds good, let us know what they tell you.
I have paid the biometric fees upfront, mum is here on supervisa and mentioned Canadian addresses same as you. So just being hopeful that biometrics will not be required for her too.