+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I just found below on application guide. Is that mean those parents who are in canada at the time of application are exempt from the fingerprints requirements

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#next

If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canadawhen you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics.
This is a very interesting point. I asked IRCC to clarify this as according to my communication with them last week, they mentioned below:

If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. You should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
This is a very interesting point. I asked IRCC to clarify this as according to my communication with them last week, they mentioned below:

If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. You should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.
Further it is stated:
“Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.” refers to our parents. Since their applications are processed at local visa offices in home country, thats why the biometrics letter says they have to leave Canada.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
When sponsor part shows in process, does the applicant part also should shaw in process? or IRCC processing sponsor application and only after it starts applicant's application?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
When sponsor part shows in process, does the applicant part also should shaw in process? or IRCC processing sponsor application and only after it starts applicant's application?
That’s what happened for me and most of people I know. Status changed to inprocess for both together.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Decision made in ECAS but did not yet get any notification by email, and no request for additional document before as well
In myCIC, review of eligibility section should change to we are reviewing your eligibility from “we will let you know once we start reviewing your eligibility”.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
That’s what happened for me and most of people I know. Status changed to inprocess for both together.
I noticed for karthikramda that decision was made for sponsor and application received for applicant and the application was rejected. So, it is good sign that both parts are in process

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
By God's grace, ECAS updated for both applicant & sponsor as "We received XXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 10, 2019.

Linked application to Applicant's (mom's) & Sponsor's (Myself) CIC account as well. It shows "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

ECAS was updated only after yesterday 4:30 pm.

@YULIA-2016 : Kindly update line 122 (MACWHITBY).

Thanks a lot for your effort @YULIA-2016 :)

Last edited:

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Finally, ECAS shows "We received XXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 10, 2019.
ECAS updated for both applicant & sponsor. I guess it appeared yesterday night !
@YULIA-2016 : Kindly update line 122 (MACWHITBY) & Thanks a lot for your effort :)
Hello Macwhitby, I don't understand, how did you check ECAS ? I don't have any reference or number except my receipt number but this didn't work with me. Please advise.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hello Macwhitby, I don't understand, how did you check ECAS ? I don't have any reference or number except my receipt number but this didn't work with me. Please advise.
You have a UCI number right ? Check with that or you can even try with your receipt number , keep in mind ECAS update is not first come first serve. Currently most people till May10th is getting updates , again its random ! Good luck .....

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
You have a UCI number right ? Check with that or you can even try with your receipt number , keep in mind ECAS update is not first come first serve. Currently most people till May10th is getting updates , again its random ! Good luck .....
@macwhitby I have no clue where to get the UCI number from ? I didn't receive the AOR email yet. My application was sent on May 16. I believe it reached their on 17 because I sent it by express post and I tracked it, it was picked up at this date.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
@macwhitby I have no clue where to get the UCI number from ? I didn't receive the AOR email yet. My application was sent on May 16. I believe it reached their on 17 because I sent it by express post and I tracked it, it was picked up at this date.
You can find UCI on any letters CIC might have send you in the past for your PR/Citizenship etc... or on your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit etc... Kindly wait for couple of days or a week and a half before you check your ECAS status according tho the trend now.

Most people didn't receive any AOR yet, I guess it takes another month or so !