+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

adai

Jun 7, 2019
Can I ask what location did they go to for interview? Heard that most location immigration officers dont like other country citizens applications to be processed in Canada. Can an interpreter also be requested for? Any idea?
We were interviewed in Ottawa. I think they are pretty good. Didn't show any negative attitude because of my father's visitor status.
I'm not sure if you can request an interpreter or not. But I accompanied my father (doing the interpreter work) during the whole process and no one said anything.

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
We were interviewed in Ottawa. I think they are pretty good. Didn't show any negative attitude because of my father's visitor status.
I'm not sure if you can request an interpreter or not. But I accompanied my father (doing the interpreter work) during the whole process and no one said anything.
Ok I was thinking of going to Calgary and being my mum’s interpreter too. Thanks for your guidance. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: adai

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
I just found below on application guide. Is that mean those parents who are in canada at the time of application are exempt from the fingerprints requirements

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#next

If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canadawhen you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Question to the people who got requested additional documentation for death certificate of one parent:

did you include in your application any documentation showing your one parent is deceased (that the sponsored parent is widowed) or you did not include anything? If you included something, what did you send them?
one should declare this information in IMM 0008 and in IMM 5406. I did send the death certificate of my father along with the application.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Ok I was thinking of going to Calgary and being my mum’s interpreter too. Thanks for your guidance. Fingers crossed.
My mom also renovated her US visa while in Canada. Easy process , easier than back home I would say.. when I was entering the embassy and showing documentation I ask to stay with her as a translator, they actually offered one. But I said my mom feels more comfortable with me and I also said she depends on me financially and I had to show my documentation. So they were good and I could go in.. This was done in Calgary!
Hope this helps.

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My mom also renovated her US visa while in Canada. Easy process , easier than back home I would say.. when I was entering the embassy and showing documentation I ask to stay with her as a translator, they actually offered one. But I said my mom feels more comfortable with me and I also said she depends on me financially and I had to show my documentation. So they were good and I could go in.. This was done in Calgary!
Hope this helps.
Thank you!! Booked mum’s appoinment for July 23rd. Crossed fingers now!

Reactions: gigab

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are the people in those countries processing from the same country or from Canada?

If it is people native to that country I can imagine, corruption and bribery would be a big feature in certain third world nations with that kind of problem?

If it is people from Canada who move there to work, then it's purely volume of applications then.
Native to those countries, you cannot bribe in this process unless you are a multimillionaire, in such case you would not be sitting here and typing this. There is also no more third world country, only developing and developed countries.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct me if I am wrong but I also think Mexico is the best option for biometrics if your parents are already in Canada and cannot get a visa to the States.

I just found this from their consulate in Toronto website:

"All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have a valid visa issued by any the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area."

This means that if our parents are already in Canada, they would not require to obtain a Mexican visa in order to travel there for biometrics.
Air Canada return flights are showing around $600-$700 per person. If you need to accompany them including Airbnb and ... you are looking at $3000 !!
it is worth the investment.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah it sure doesnt make any sense does it! LOL!
Now i am glad that I submitted late in June so that Bio will not be requested until end of July, as the return tickets of our parents are in the end of July.
Did you get bio request?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Native to those countries, you cannot bribe in this process unless you are a multimillionaire, in such case you would not be sitting here and typing this. There is also no more third world country, only developing and developed countries.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/third-world.asp

Still being used. But yes moving away to using developing and developed nations.

Corruption is rife in India.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
guys, to access ecas, do you use this link?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

if yes, i have been trying to log in using my info as sponsor. nothing is found. Is this normal?
My Docs were delivered by post on May 27th.
I am a bit lost with everyone talking about their ecas showing received and me not being able to find anything.
thanks in advance

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
guys, to access ecas, do you use this link?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

if yes, i have been trying to log in using my info as sponsor. nothing is found. Is this normal?
My Docs were delivered by post on May 27th.
I am a bit lost with everyone talking about their ecas showing received and me not being able to find anything.
thanks in advance
That's the right link. But those people whose application received by IRCC by May 10th or before are able to see ecas status. Yours reached May 27th so will take some time for your application status to appear on ecas

Reactions: soroush

eabutth

Jul 4, 2019
kindly guide how mother or brother or sister who are canadian citizens can sponsor their son/brother for immigration to canada.