+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Canada not having biometrics services inside Canada is ridiculous. They have opened biometrics centers all over the world but not in Canada. It will be such a hassle and waste of money to have your parents leaving Canada just for biometrics. It says on Internet that they IRCC gonna start taking biometrics in Canada later in 2019. Any idea when they are going to start this in Canada?
Yeah it sure doesnt make any sense does it! LOL!

Vaneegill

May 2, 2019
  • Only 6 applicant got AoR as per tracker. others waiting for it.
  • Birth and marriage certificate have nothing to do with AoR. if any document missing or required IRCC will ask you to submit .
  • June 12 your file received at Ottawa, please wait 4-6 week to see ecas.
Tracker link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply.

In that scenario, does anyone here submitted their application with affidavits and without birth certificate and marriage certificate. Does CIC accept it? I searched this forum and found CIC does accept it . In India , it was not legally required to have marriage certificate when my parents got married in 1970s and birth certificate when I was born in 1981. I have applied for my birth certificate though in case they request it later on, but it's a lengthy process and you file goes through various departments in the city you are born.

Vaneegill

May 2, 2019
@Vaneegill
yes

later IRCC will ask you to submit missing or required documents. IRCC will not return you file for sure for missing marriage or Birth certificate.
Thanks for your help.

I will get birth certificate for sure, but as my mom is in Canada and dad in India ,they cant apply for marriage certificate and again it's a long process. According to this forum sworn declaration should suffice because we already declared we dont have certificate.

Thanks for your help anyways.

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
@Vaneegill
yes

later IRCC will ask you to submit missing or required documents. IRCC will not return you file for sure for missing marriage or Birth certificate.
Hi, I'm curious in which case IRCC will return the application?

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Anyone submitted their application without birth certificate of sponsor and marriage certificate of parents because of non availability in India received their AOR yet. I submitted affidavits from parents, myself,matriculation certificate and other supporting government documents from India. My application was received at Ottawa on 12th june.
Hi, I did the exact same thing. Since I did not have my birth certificate and my parents marriage certificate, I provided affidavits and my school passing certificates from India stating my date of birth and the name of my parents.

My application was received in Ottawa on May 29th. I will let you know once I receive update from IRCC. I guess it will take another 3-4 weeks to receive an update.

Thank you,

oakville2019

Jul 3, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-Jun-2019
Hi everyone,

Anyone submitted their application without birth certificate of sponsor and marriage certificate of parents because of non availability in India received their AOR yet. I submitted affidavits from parents, myself,matriculation certificate and other supporting government documents from India. My application was received at Ottawa on 12th june.
My parents are in India and i've submitted my birth certificate and the same was done by my spouse in her application.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Thanks for your help.

I will get birth certificate for sure, but as my mom is in Canada and dad in India ,they cant apply for marriage certificate and again it's a long process. According to this forum sworn declaration should suffice because we already declared we dont have certificate.

Thanks for your help anyways.

I am assuming you are applying for your parents, you only need your birth certificate in that case.

Reactions: oakville2019

oakville2019

Jul 3, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-Jun-2019
just to save time ...
I dont think you can do so.. but moreover, you need a requisition from VOC to be able to do the medical. Idea is to get the results for the requisition (primary key in their database) that they will create for your file.

Recommendation would be to wait and go with the flow.

oakville2019

Jul 3, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-Jun-2019
All Members,

Would kindly request if you already know someone who got the request to submit the application for this year's PGP & they are not on this group:

- Either Recommend them to join the group
- OR you can also create a line item in our tracker and keep their entries updated (I'm sure it wont require daily updates - just the key milestones)

What this will help do is - We will get correct analytics and trends to be able to discuss and prepare our fellow members here..

Go Team Go!!!