+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
@YULIA-2016: Hi Can you please add my application details for my parents as below in our spreadsheet, and thanks for great work:

Sponsored people: Grandmother only
Parents country of citizenship: India
Prov. : ON
Invitation receive date: Apr 25 2019
Application received in Ottawa: May 28, 2019

oakville2019

Jul 3, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-Jun-2019
Hello Friends, Just joined this group. Below are my details. Request you to add my details in the group excel. The same info is valid for my spouse who applied for her parents.

Username: oakville2019
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Province - ON
Invitation received date - April 24, 2019, 11:50am
Application received in Ottawa- June 24, 2019
ECAS status (for both sponsor and PA): Application Received - (Not sure when will this happen) - Need some info
Linked to MyCIC - (Not sure when will this happen) - Need some info
Thank you admin. I see can my details in the group sheet. Also my wife's (oakville2019 wife) details are also updated. Wow! Thank you for the prompt response.

Reactions: robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Friends, Just joined this group. Below are my details. Request you to add my details in the group excel. The same info is valid for my spouse who applied for her parents.

Username: oakville2019
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Province - ON
Invitation received date - April 24, 2019, 11:50am
Application received in Ottawa- June 24, 2019
ECAS status (for both sponsor and PA): Application Received - (Not sure when will this happen) - Need some info
Linked to MyCIC - (Not sure when will this happen) - Need some info
Tag @YULIA-2016

Reactions: oakville2019

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Correct me if I am wrong but I also think Mexico is the best option for biometrics if your parents are already in Canada and cannot get a visa to the States.

I just found this from their consulate in Toronto website:

"All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have a valid visa issued by any the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area."

This means that if our parents are already in Canada, they would not require to obtain a Mexican visa in order to travel there for biometrics.
Air Canada return flights are showing around $600-$700 per person. If you need to accompany them including Airbnb and ... you are looking at $3000 !!

Reactions: nguyentu2001

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
The biometric request letter that I received yesterday clearly says that:

Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics.
Thank you for the information. I guess they would have given you 30 days for this? Right? Please confirm.

Vaneegill

May 2, 2019
Canada not having biometrics services inside Canada is ridiculous. They have opened biometrics centers all over the world but not in Canada. It will be such a hassle and waste of money to have your parents leaving Canada just for biometrics. It says on Internet that they IRCC gonna start taking biometrics in Canada later in 2019. Any idea when they are going to start this in Canada?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong but I also think Mexico is the best option for biometrics if your parents are already in Canada and cannot get a visa to the States.

I just found this from their consulate in Toronto website:

"All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have a valid visa issued by any the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area."

This means that if our parents are already in Canada, they would not require to obtain a Mexican visa in order to travel there for biometrics.
Air Canada return flights are showing around $600-$700 per person. If you need to accompany them including Airbnb and ... you are looking at $3000 !!
That's correct. I just called the consulate office. She said- If you have a valid passport and Canadian visa, you don't require Mexico visa.
But again for 2 people to go from Winnipeg to Mexico for 1-2 days, I am looking at around $3000, which is insane.

Reactions: deleter

Vaneegill

May 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

Anyone submitted their application without birth certificate of sponsor and marriage certificate of parents because of non availability in India received their AOR yet. I submitted affidavits from parents, myself,matriculation certificate and other supporting government documents from India. My application was received at Ottawa on 12th june.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,

Anyone submitted their application without birth certificate of sponsor and marriage certificate of parents because of non availability in India received their AOR yet. I submitted affidavits from parents, myself,matriculation certificate and other supporting government documents from India. My application was received at Ottawa on 12th june.
  • Only 6 applicant got AoR as per tracker. others waiting for it.
  • Birth and marriage certificate have nothing to do with AoR. if any document missing or required IRCC will ask you to submit .
  • June 12 your file received at Ottawa, please wait 4-6 week to see ecas.
Tracker link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368