+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
I really feel for those call center agents who are borthered with repetitive questions.They may be repeatedly asked to check the applicants' status for thousands of times which makes the job so tedious while they have to maintain their good attitudes.Other than the job security and good benifits i believe some of them maynot meet the LICO to sponsor their parents.But
Come on. Call center agents in the public sector are paid well.

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All, I applied under PGP 2019 for my parents using my PR card as the document of residence. However in a month I will going through the Citizenship Oath ceremony and right there they will take away my PR card.

What should I do in this case, as CIC can ask for the same sponsor PR card later when the PGP application is under processing?

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, does anyone know how are 20,000 selected from the group of 27000? is it based on when they received the application or

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi All, I applied under PGP 2019 for my parents using my PR card as the document of residence. However in a month I will going through the Citizenship Oath ceremony and right there they will take away my PR card.

What should I do in this case, as CIC can ask for the same sponsor PR card later when the PGP application is under processing?
Just explain you are now citizen and send the passport and citizenship certificate.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I really feel for those call center agents who are borthered with repetitive questions.They may be repeatedly asked to check the applicants' status for thousands of times which makes the job so tedious while they have to maintain their good attitudes.Other than the job security and good benifits i believe some of them maynot meet the LICO to sponsor their parents.But
At least they dont have to face the clients in person. But I understand what you mean. In my line of work I deal with people too. Asking repeated same questions and complaining about very similar things. Repetitive.

Reactions: Ewanwan

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
At least they dont have to face the clients in person. But I understand what you mean. In my line of work I deal with people too. Asking repeated same questions and complaining about very similar things. Repetitive.
These federal call center agents are compensated for this kind of work environment. I believe they are unionized. I work in the public sector. We have unionized call center agents as well. Their hourly rate is $30+ plus hourly bonus for night shift+ overtime pay for holidays. Some of them make $100k per year.

Reactions: nayr69sg