+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I called today, the said that the file in queue for completeness check and nobody started to work on it yet, so it is not possible to link. Because if it is not started the application number starts with X, which disallows linking.
wow !, that will throw all possible process out of the window. My understanding was that the applications are processed in FIFO and officers are assigned accordingly. But now we have cases where officers have processed applications from May but April ones are still waiting. !

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I know that...question was you have to know that their is a ecas update before you try to link it with GIC right?

And the #of attempt to check the ecas is limited, and I think you can use a different browser/pc to try it again within that 24 hrs time.
eCAS allows multiple attempts. myCIC allows only 5 in a 24 hr period.

And no, it is not necessary that eCAS be updated prior to myCIC link. In fact there were cases (earlier in this thread) where eCAS was unavailable while the file was linked in myCIC.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
wow !, that will throw all possible process out of the window. My understanding was that the applications are processed in FIFO and officers are assigned accordingly. But now we have cases where officers have processed applications from May but April ones are still waiting. !
as per tracker person got invitation on 26th April & submitted May 8th got AOR. IRCC working on each file as per application received date.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
as per tracker person got invitation on 26th April & submitted May 8th got AOR. IRCC working on each file as per application received date.
@robertp , If IRCC is working on each file as per application received date then how do you explain the cases where application was received in April but no AOR or linking yet ?

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Nothing out of ordinary. In 2018 there were 152, 000 who received Canadian Citizenship. That's about 12, 666 a month on average. Let's say CIC received double that amount of applications for parents sponsorship. People wait 2 - 2.5 months for AOR for citizenship. I don't expect much to happen until the end of this year.
Sir, you are mixing apples with oranges, so my only response is: LOL ! In case you didn't know, citizenship is processed in Sydney CPC and PGP is processed in CPC Ottawa or CPC Mississauga

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
@robertp , If IRCC is working on each file as per application received date then how do you explain the cases where application was received in April but no AOR or linking yet ?
they do work as per application received date, but one officer might be faster / less strict and another might be slower / more strict. I still think the low number of AORs is weird, since some people sent the applications on the first day and no AOR, my conclusion is that it's all random

Reactions: robertp

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
please also add me to the spreadsheet

Sponsoring: mom
Province: AB
Invitation received: april 24
Application received in Ottawa (Canada Post): May 14
No AOR or Ecas update yet

Did call CIC to check status, and they received my application already

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
they do work as per application received date, but one officer might be faster / less strict and another might be slower / more strict. I still think the low number of AORs is weird, since some people sent the applications on the first day and no AOR, my conclusion is that it's all random
I agree. However @newandold was told by IRCC that his file is still waiting in queue for an officer to be assigned, so that was the surprising part for me.

Anushe

Mar 13, 2019
please also add me to the spreadsheet

Sponsoring: mom and dad
Province: Ontario
Invitation received: april 24
Application received in Ottawa (Canada Post): June 21
No AOR or Ecas update

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I agree. However @newandold was told by IRCC that his file is still waiting in queue for an officer to be assigned, so that was the surprising part for me.
Given what I’ve read on this forum, I don’t believe a thing said by the call centre employees, I bet you this person calls on Tuesday and gets a different answer

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
It may be depend on CO assign and how fast CO work on application. but as per tracker date, not as per FIFO. but received data we see updated on ecas for most of applicant.

ihg

May 9, 2019
I linked my a
May be in his case application will be not scanned in the order , what is his recd date as per IRCC agent not as per Canada post