+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
people from May 6th are able to see their ecas. Try till next Tuesday and call them.

You can also contact with them via Twitter, the fastest way.
I would say, now May 7/8th are happening simultaneously. I saw one or two May 8th ones with eCAS/myCIC updates...
Seems like all in tracker for May 6th are done...

milanshergill

Jul 27, 2016
Unfortunately no. Even though the rest of the address is identical, that at the time of sending your application it was CPC-PGP, that you likely received a signature to confirm receipt via Canada Post, this is a fatal error. Your parents application will now be rejected.

End sarcasm.

Of course it's completely fine. It's great that we have a community here that is always on the ball and picks up even these small details, but we really need to relax a little sometimes.
Haha man you got me there for a minute. Yeah i was hoping the same - yup got the delivery confirmation with signatures. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope people do realize beside meeting a bare minimum LICO, they are also taking responsibilities for the next 20 yrs. No social assistant or anything like that will be available for the parents and if the parent get something through scamming the system, the sponsor will be on the hook to repay those benefits.
I would be more concerned that your cost of living will go up plus any form of illness adds quite a lot of expense to the family budget. Even if parents are relatively healthy but need incontinence products. That is easily $300/month. Need a walker that’s another couple of hundred. A larger home or apartment alone would be unaffordable in many cities if you make just above the LICO level in Vancouver or Toronto. Unfortunately I have seen sad cases where parents get sick soon after arriving in Canada and their child must stop working to care for them straining the family budget. Many had counted on saving money by eliminating childcare expenses and instead are down to one income. Just a reminder to people who may not have had a family member in long term care or rehab centres. There is usually a monthly bed fee that is close to the pension received by the government. In Ontario you are looking at $1200/month for a publicly funded nursing home which unfortunately is not great care. Please make sure you are padding your budgets especially if your parents are not arriving with a good amount of personal savings.

Reactions: YVR123 and bdidol

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Thanks i will try now again
if you mailed your application on May 6 that means 7th or 8th it was received to Ottawa. hopefully you can see your ecas next week Tuesday. mean time you can call IRCC and ask them they received or not with your receipt # and get Temp file #.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I would say, now May 7/8th are happening simultaneously. I saw one or two May 8th ones with eCAS/myCIC updates...
Seems like all in tracker for May 6th are done...
I am sitting on the sidelines waiting eagerly for ecas. my application was received May 10th. If it does not come next week, then it may get delayed to end July/Aug due to vacations and all. Lucky are those who got processed before vacations begin..

Reactions: Ewanwan

milanshergill

Jul 27, 2016
Alright, finally my applications has been submitted and delivered successfully to Ottawa. Hoping for the best :)

Hi @YULIA-2016, you can add my applications to tracking list.

Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Province: ON
Invitation Receive: April 25th, 2019
Application sent: June 19th, 2019
Application received: June 20th, 2019
Ecas Status : N/A
AOR: N/A

Sponsored People: Grandparent
Application sent: June 19th, 2019
Application received: June 20th, 2019

Now, what can i do as my next step to verify they received it successfully and its under processing?

Ruhail

Jun 21, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016, you can add my application to tracking list.

Sponsored People: Parents- 2 people
Application sent: June 20th, 2019
Application received: June 21st, 2019

Parents2019

May 28, 2019
government job I guess since they checked my BC 1 year and I had to redo IME + additional medical test
What's " BC 1 year" and " redo IME" and were your parents had to do additional medical tests?

Also please add to the spreadsheet

Sponsoring - parents
Country - Pakistan
Invitation received - April 24
Application received in Ottawa as per Canada Post- May 14
No AOR or Ecas update as of yet