+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

BBGM

Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys
(1) How long did y'all have to wait to properly link GCKey Login to the application?

(2) For the GC key does it matter if I register in my name as the sponsor or has to be the applicant (parent)?

(3). For family members- Do I just count applicant, sponsor, co-sponsor or the true family size (Applicant (Mom), co-applicant (dad), sponsor, co-sponsor, 2 children?)

I apologize if these questions have been addressed already. I know I read them before but I wasn't at this stage then so didn't pay much attention then

Thank you in advance!

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Use Canada post express post over night service and make sure pay for signature. You can track the status and get the signature confirmation in email once its signed and received. Make sure you drop before the day time cut-off at your local canadapost location to ensure its delivered the next morning.
Don't put overnight service. Put Xpress with signature, guaranted two days. delivery. People who sent overnight reported issues with tracking updates.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I couldn't find a place to sign but I signed in random place anyway- since their instruction kinda alluded to that. However, I don't think its a big deal if not signed
If something is not there that means they don't want that.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys
(1) How long did y'all have to wait to properly link GCKey Login to the application?

(2) For the GC key does it matter if I register in my name as the sponsor or has to be the applicant (parent)?

(3). For family members- Do I just count applicant, sponsor, co-sponsor or the true family size (Applicant (Mom), co-applicant (dad), sponsor, co-sponsor, 2 children?)

I apologize if these questions have been addressed already. I know I read them before but I wasn't at this stage then so didn't pay much attention then

Thank you in advance!
1. Read last 3 pages

2. PA

3. Read the guideline for examples. You have to count all your family members+sponsored people+their dependent

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello, my husband and I are currently applying for a supervise for my father-in-law. I have a few questions and was hoping someone could help us out. My father in law doesn't have a bank account, where he lives everyone just deals mostly in cash. They also don't have for example a Notice of Assessment that shows how much he earns, again because everything is dealt in cash. He only works part-time as a taxi driver and my husband and I send money (about $1000) monthly to support him and my mother-in-law. I should also note that his home is in his other son's (my brother-in-law) name, and therefore he doesn't have any assets to show under his name. I know that ties to home country is a main deciding factor so I am unsure of what to send to prove that he will return to his home country. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We applied for a visitor visa for him but he was denied based on the fact that he couldn't provide proof to support himself or show ties to his home country, so I am a little but worried about submitting this application and want to make sure that I have as much information as possible.

Wrong thread post it under main forum.

For supervisa, the requirement is your income.. their bank ac or income is not required.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Can my parents scan the passport pictures and I print from here or do they have to mail them to me?

TIA.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
I'm filling up forms for my parents. The deadline is near.
I need some help.
In IMM5406E (Family information), there is two options -
1. Married - Physically present
2. Married - Physically not present
My parents are here with Visitor Visa, they'll stay for 2 more months. Which option should I pick?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, my husband and I are currently applying for a supervise for my father-in-law. I have a few questions and was hoping someone could help us out. My father in law doesn't have a bank account, where he lives everyone just deals mostly in cash. They also don't have for example a Notice of Assessment that shows how much he earns, again because everything is dealt in cash. He only works part-time as a taxi driver and my husband and I send money (about $1000) monthly to support him and my mother-in-law. I should also note that his home is in his other son's (my brother-in-law) name, and therefore he doesn't have any assets to show under his name. I know that ties to home country is a main deciding factor so I am unsure of what to send to prove that he will return to his home country. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We applied for a visitor visa for him but he was denied based on the fact that he couldn't provide proof to support himself or show ties to his home country, so I am a little but worried about submitting this application and want to make sure that I have as much information as possible.
are you submitting application to sponsor? financial situation of your father has nothing to do with parent sponsorship, there should be no problem.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't put overnight service. Put Xpress with signature, guaranted two days. delivery. People who sent overnight reported issues with tracking updates.
yeah i sent over night and it took 5 days to get there...however, I got a full refund from Canada Post.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm filling up forms for my parents. The deadline is near.
I need some help.
In IMM5406E (Family information), there is two options -
1. Married - Physically present
2. Married - Physically not present
My parents are here with Visitor Visa, they'll stay for 2 more months. Which option should I pick?
Married - Physically present

Parents2019

May 28, 2019
Lucky to get such a fast ecas updates as some from May 01st are still waiting. Looks like the crazy intern theory is still at play :)
Agreed,mine application received in Ottawa on May 14 and still no ecas update.dont even recognize me when I key in my or my dad's info:(

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09