Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
14-May-2015
SA approved, ecas shows decision made and In process, case transferred to London VO, request for biometric fee received
Completion of pgp application looks like a two step process:

1. Sponsorship Application (SA) by the sponsor (and co sponsor if any) wherein CIC evaluates the eligibility of the sponsor(s) on income and other requirements etc. This part of the application is processed at centralized location like Ottawa. This is the status which probably sponsor and primary applicant both can see on their ECAS. Once we see decision made using sponsor's UCI on ECAS it means first step is cleared and sponsor's part is probably done. I understand that on ECAS sponsor see application details under Sponsorship Application.

2. Actual PR application, processing happens in Local Visa Office (LVO) where primary applicant lives. I believe now onward Primary Applicant's UCI has to be used for status check on ECAS. This is similar to processing done for any other PR application type. Here in ECAS primary applicant will see application details under Permanent Residence Application heading.

This is my understanding and may not be correct. Any thoughts??

jscheema

Aug 24, 2014
Hi to everyone,
Do i need to notarized documents received from india which are in English and need no translation like birth certificate

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
Hi to everyone,
Do i need to notarized documents received from india which are in English and need no translation like birth certificate
You don't need to notarize your documents if those are in English or French. Quoting from application guide:

"Any document that is not in English or French (unless otherwise stated on your document checklist), must be accompanied by:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document. "

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
I received reminder letter today from CIC, as per Canada post my application is received by Ottawa on June 3,2019. Is it a problem ?
There's no problem. Everyone who were invited on 24 April or after are getting the reminder letter. It's mentioned on the letter " If you have already submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time."

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone tell me what happens after application arrives at Ottawa?
do they email you a number you can use at ECAS to check status?

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Can someone tell me what happens after application arrives at Ottawa?
do they email you a number you can use at ECAS to check status?
Reposting this...

Lots of n00bs here, who haven't read the previous the past 750 pages, so I think I will repost this post:

I am updating this (Original Post 7747 pg 517 & updated post 9203 pg 614) with some new info on timing etc. based on feedback from other members as the original post is now locked and cannot be edited per forum rules. Also, a lot of new members (who have just joined / haven't reviewed the past 600 pages) are asking some of the basic fundamental questions on timing / process etc.

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this, and is purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on same date the application is received. Based on current trends it is taking at least 4-6 weeks.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change. There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS, if activated. In the past few pages this has been unofficially christened as the "Crazy Intern Theory" by members.
  5. In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created). The active part was partially incorrect info by previous agent. New agent has confirmed that the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. Please note that even if you didn't supply UCI info CIC is able to link the application to the UCI. This may or may not hold true for everybody and remains to be seen
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (The first come first serve theory is now confirmed based on trends, unless the "crazy intern theory" takes precedence, which has happened in a few cases.
  7. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS. As of today, current lead time to get to this stage is anywhere between 10-12 weeks (and increasing as more and more applications come through) for most people. Refer Tracker.
  8. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  9. With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  10. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS?
  11. Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.
Additional info:
  • eCAS often lags behind actual AoR email or myCIC.
  • In some case people have been able to link their myCIC with the Temporary File number (remove the "x") while no update is being seen on eCAS. Again, only possible if Step 7 has happened.
Bottom line, no need to panic, as there are lots of variations along the basic trend. It will take at minimum 4-6 weeks from the date the Application is received by CIC. Even longer, if the applications are received in Ottawa closer to the June 28th date given the additional burden on CIC with a rush of applications.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
hi guys,
Which courrier are you using to send your application as the address is a PO box and the majority of carriers don't deliver to PO box
thx

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
hi guys,
Which courrier are you using to send your application as the address is a PO box and the majority of carriers don't deliver to PO box
thx
I have used Canada Post. Xpress post.
Its cheaper, it takes little more time than Courier, i guess for me it was one additional day
I also got RCV signature

wardayoussef

Jun 19, 2019
Hello, my husband and I are currently applying for a supervise for my father-in-law. I have a few questions and was hoping someone could help us out. My father in law doesn't have a bank account, where he lives everyone just deals mostly in cash. They also don't have for example a Notice of Assessment that shows how much he earns, again because everything is dealt in cash. He only works part-time as a taxi driver and my husband and I send money (about $1000) monthly to support him and my mother-in-law. I should also note that his home is in his other son's (my brother-in-law) name, and therefore he doesn't have any assets to show under his name. I know that ties to home country is a main deciding factor so I am unsure of what to send to prove that he will return to his home country. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We applied for a visitor visa for him but he was denied based on the fact that he couldn't provide proof to support himself or show ties to his home country, so I am a little but worried about submitting this application and want to make sure that I have as much information as possible.

BBGM

Apr 26, 2019
hi guys,
thx
I used Canada post Xpress as suggested here- it takes 3 days. I read somewhere on CIC web
In general, many couriers don’t deliver to PO Boxes. However, we have agreements with many couriers and they know where to deliver applications destined to our PO Box. If you see a different address on your tracking slip, your application may still have been delivered to the right place.

Hope that helps

Reactions: lynne197910

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
hi guys,
thx
Use Canada post express post over night service and make sure pay for signature. You can track the status and get the signature confirmation in email once its signed and received. Make sure you drop before the day time cut-off at your local canadapost location to ensure its delivered the next morning.