+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Anyone can help advise what does it mean, am I going to receive anything by mail(nothing reveived till now...). Tks..

"We sent you correspondence on June 10th, If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
Try to give Call Centre a call first thing in the morning. After passing security questions, the agent might be able to send it to your email; he/she definitely has access and visibility on the correspondence I can confirm that. You actually should have received correspondence via email if you filled out one in the application form that is. I suggest you better have this sorted out now. You don't want to receive any correspondences by snail mails. Reference: personal experience, also was requested for docs on Jun 10th, request sent to sponsors email.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys. For this parent class sponsorship application, I always can come up with a lot of questions...

Now, I just have an another one. My wife just got pregnant, should I inform the cic after my child's birth?? because my family size is going to change next year? Does it effect the application that I have submit. When I calculate my income, I just use 4. However after my child born, it will become 5. It will only effect 2020, right?? Because my child will be born in 2020.

So in 2018 and 2019, I should meet the criteria, which income should be over LICO + 30% for 4.
In 2020, I should meet the criteria, which income should be over LICO + 30% for 5.
only affect 2020 if your child is born 2020 but if your child is born in 2019, it will then affect 2019

Reactions: wxhzk

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is. Thanks for your reply.

Thank you for your reply.

I was kinda worried, because if new-born will affect the past 4 years' family size, we may not meet the requirement.

If it will only affect 2020, then it will be a big relief for me. Thank you.

Good luck.
it will only affect the year your baby is born, going forward.

Reactions: wxhzk

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please add my details:

Username: Iryna K
Sponsored people: Parents (Mom & Dad)
Parents country of citizenship : Ukraine
Province: BC
Invitation received: APRIL 24
Application Received in Ottawa date: June 5 (based on Canada Post tracking)
Medical Exam*: May 31, 2019
AOR Received: None yet
Ecas : None yet

*Medical exam was needed for their visitor visa extension. Hopefully it will be valid for the sponsorship
Hi Iryna K,
I am just wondering if your parents are here on super visa or visitor visa? my parents are here on super visa and got stamped for 2yrs. I am just wondering how to extend their stay..please advice me.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Iryna K,
I am just wondering if your parents are here on super visa or visitor visa? my parents are here on super visa and got stamped for 2yrs. I am just wondering how to extend their stay..please advice me.
You can't. She have to go back and come again for 2 yrs.

Jun 17, 2019
Guys, I have a quick question. I got my parents to sign all the documents and courier them back. Now I found there is a typo error in my mother's schedule A address history. One address should end at October 2014 (10), but has November (11) instead. The next address is starting at November (11). My father has the old address ending in 10-2014 and the next one starting at 11-2014. My parents had received visitors visa last year, and in the application I had submitted old address ending at 10-2014 and the new one starting at 11-2014. Now there is not enough time to get signed copies couriered from India. Should I just let it slide and hope that no one will notice?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If my girlfriend is working but dont want to be cosigner ,still I have to earn for family size 4.
Thank You
Once you live together for one continuous year or get married she needs to be counted in your family size. If she is your gf and you haven't lived together for over a year she isn't included in your family size.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can't. She have to go back and come again for 2 yrs.
This is incorrect they can try to extend the supervise past 2 years. Nothing is guaranteed but many are accepted. Length of time depends on the application. It may not be possible to extend until they get PR.

Nameera

Jun 17, 2019
Hi, We got the invitation letter to sponsor my in laws under the parents and grand parents sponsorship program 2019. We have a situation here and not sure what to do. Will appreciate if someone can give some ideas.
1. The DOB of my mother in law somehow is different in her passport (May 03) and National ID card (March 03). Now while checking the old paper of our immigration application form (2011) (back ground information), we found we used it March 12. Will it be any problem if we now fill the application with May 03 as it is on her passport
2. On her passport her last name is "EASMIN" but while we applied for Canada in 2011, in all the paper we entered YEASMIN.
Should we need to write any note or just to wait until they ask for any clarification
3. My wife and her younger sister DOB is only 1 month difference as unfortunately it was manipulated by their school teacher without their consent at their childhood. Do we need to do anything or just let it go as it is
Any generous response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Guys, I have a quick question. I got my parents to sign all the documents and courier them back. Now I found there is a typo error in my mother's schedule A address history. One address should end at October 2014 (10), but has November (11) instead. The next address is starting at November (11). My father has the old address ending in 10-2014 and the next one starting at 11-2014. My parents had received visitors visa last year, and in the application I had submitted old address ending at 10-2014 and the new one starting at 11-2014. Now there is not enough time to get signed copies couriered from India. Should I just let it slide and hope that no one will notice?
Option 1 : email the new form to your parents then print it there and sign, use DHL send to Canada , should get in 4-5 days.
Option 2: make changes by hand and attach one explanation letter on the form.

Parents2019

May 28, 2019
How do I check the ecas status.i tried putting my father's UCI number (when he was here on visit visa),I tried putting my UCI number when I migrated to Canada - nothing works.i haven't received any correspondence from CIC after I sent them the application on May 10.

How does other people see their status as per the spreadsheet?

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi, We got the invitation letter to sponsor my in laws under the parents and grand parents sponsorship program 2019. We have a situation here and not sure what to do. Will appreciate if someone can give some ideas.
1. The DOB of my mother in law somehow is different in her passport (May 03) and National ID card (March 03). Now while checking the old paper of our immigration application form (2011) (back ground information), we found we used it March 12. Will it be any problem if we now fill the application with May 03 as it is on her passport
2. On her passport her last name is "EASMIN" but while we applied for Canada in 2011, in all the paper we entered YEASMIN.
Should we need to write any note or just to wait until they ask for any clarification
3. My wife and her younger sister DOB is only 1 month difference as unfortunately it was manipulated by their school teacher without their consent at their childhood. Do we need to do anything or just let it go as it is
Any generous response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Personally I would go with info on the passport and attach a letter to explain why different from 2011. they can’t go back and cancel your pr or visa which got in 2011. You must have a good reason though.

milanshergill

Jul 27, 2016
Hello guys, need some help. I am submitting the application under PGP 2019 program. My question is regarding translated documents. I have few documents not in english. I got them translated from here in Canada from a certified translated.

Now, the translator gave me a single hard copy. Do i submit the original hard copy that I have or can I submit a photocopy of it and it will be accepted? What are other people doing? Thanks!

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi Iryna K,
Apply for the Visa extension, now extension can be granted for another 2 years. To make sure you get this extension, attach Emergency Medical Insurance proof with the extension application. A lot of my clients got extension for another year and 2 years after their initial 2 years were completed.