+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I am sending my application by Canada post priority next week by Tuesday, do you think it it will reach before deadline? ( I mean due to any upcoming Canada post strikes or delay in delivery reasons are any reasons of delay) please suggest.

Call or visit your local post office , they all have cut off times, Mail collection happens 2 times every day , one at morning and one at evening . make sure you drop your envelope before their cut off , use OVERNIGHT priority express mail . It will reach next morning by noon.

Good luck !!

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi All
One quick logical question, I hardly cover my required 2019 total amount for parents this year as I was unpaid back home for two months. Now I am planning to do marriage with my girlfriend in Sept, 2019. She came to Canada in April on PR and got job this month. She will be total independent, I mean she is earning enough to cover her expenses. Does it still impact on my application where my family size is 3 (me and my parents).
Any solution guys?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All
One quick logical question, I hardly cover my required 2019 total amount for parents this year as I was unpaid back home for two months. Now I am planning to do marriage with my girlfriend in Sept, 2019. She came to Canada in April on PR and got job this month. She will be total independent, I mean she is earning enough to cover her expenses. Does it still impact on my application where my family size is 3 (me and my parents).
Any solution guys?
As soon as you get married your family size changes to 4 for that year.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi All
Any solution guys?
What do you mean by total independent? She will still be part of the family size when you marry her. In this case, your family size will change from 3 to 4.

After you marry her, you have to inform IRCC and they will let you know what to do next. But as preparation, you should decide whether or not your soon-to-be spouse will be a co-signer. IF you hardly make it for your income in 2019, then I suggest have her as co-signer. Your income requirement WILL increase from 3 persons to 4 persons. If your income cannot accommodate 4 persons, then you'll have to have combined income (your soon-to-be spouse being the co-signer to support 4 persons), if that is okay with her to co-sign.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verba

Fnamavati

Apr 29, 2017
Hi...my application was received on May 07, i can see ECAS with my UCI. I can see under sponsorship - application received and I see name of the dependent, however for PR I dont see name of dependent. I tried using UCI of the dependent the page just shows address and doesn't show any application. I am wondering why the dependent PR application is not seen? Is it same for others too.

Hp_ness

Dec 31, 2018
I think it should be fine depending on which officer is dealing with your application. By the guidelines, they state that you need to have that info in your parents birth certificate. Having an affidavit (usually notarized) can help support it better when we don't have an exact document. Usually notary guys have standard wording that can be used for such affidavits, good luck,
Thank you. Much appreciated!

So affidavit by my Grandmother attesting that my mother is her daughter? And get it notarized?

GS420

Apr 27, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016

Please update line 137 in the spreadsheet. Online status stating "application received" on May 22nd and it showed up today, June 17th.

Also please edit the province for line 137 & 138 to SK.

Username : GS420
Sponsored People: 2 parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: SK
Invitation Receive Date: April 25th
Application Received in Ottawa Date: May 22nd
Ecas : June 17, 2019

Reactions: YULIA-2016

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016

Please update line 137 in the spreadsheet. Online status stating "application received" on May 22nd and it showed up today, June 17th.

Also please edit the province for line 137 & 138 to SK.

Username : GS420
Sponsored People: 2 parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: SK
Invitation Receive Date: April 25th
Application Received in Ottawa Date: May 22nd
Ecas : June 17, 2019
This is really quick! People from first wk of May we're able to check the ecas this wk.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
gggg
@YULIA-2016 please add my details:

Username: Iryna K
Sponsored people: Parents (Mom & Dad)
Parents country of citizenship : Ukraine
Province: BC
Invitation received: APRIL 24
Application Received in Ottawa date: June 5 (based on Canada Post tracking)
Medical Exam*: May 31, 2019
AOR Received: None yet
Ecas : None yet

*Medical exam was needed for their visitor visa extension. Hopefully it will be valid for the sponsorship
yes, will be valid 1 year
если успеешь получить запрос за это время

Last edited:
Reactions: misterbmw

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.