+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi guys, I'm going to send my parent sponsorship application tomorrow.

I just buy a XpressPost document envelope and put all documents into it. Or I need another sealed envelope?
One envelope should be sufficient. Good luck to all of us :)

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
My application was received by IRCC on May 24, till now I don't see ECASE or able to link my application through my CIC account. my application was signed by SCI Martin. I have called a couple of times to IRCC, no sign of application confirmation in their system. I am a bit worried.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
My application was received by IRCC on May 24, till now I don't see ECASE or able to link my application through my CIC account. my application was signed by SCI Martin. I have called a couple of times to IRCC, no sign of application confirmation in their system. I am a bit worried.
I wouldn't worry yet. My application just showed up last week and mine was received on May 7th.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
@danny_scars hey you delivered already? Haven't seen you around.

Anyway looking at some of the questions here.......I am going to predict that there will be a number who will try to send in their applications AFTER the DEADLINE is due.

And the question that they will ask is whether they can send a letter to explain why they were late etc.

So I'll ask it first. Can people send it in past the deadline and write a letter to say why they were late?

Eg oh I have been trying to sponsor my parents for 10 years and finally got a spot and we tried to get my parents to sign the documents but there were delays, my father is sick and was hospitalized/my mother got into an accident etc etc.

Anyone know if IRCC will accept that and still process applications submitted AFTER the due date?
Just send the application, as soon as it is ready, provide an explanation letter with the justification for the delay,

IRCC can do exceptions if its for a genuine reason; yes they might not give someone an exception because of the non availability of a scanner or computer....etc. But if the delay is occurring due to a reason beyond your control , they will accommodate the request.

Last year IRCC did accept some applications which were delivered past due the deadline, but do not delay too much! Good luck!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Guys. For this parent class sponsorship application, I always can come up with a lot of questions...

Now, I just have an another one. My wife just got pregnant, should I inform the cic after my child's birth?? because my family size is going to change next year? Does it effect the application that I have submit. When I calculate my income, I just use 4. However after my child born, it will become 5. It will only effect 2020, right?? Because my child will be born in 2020.

So in 2018 and 2019, I should meet the criteria, which income should be over LICO + 30% for 4.
In 2020, I should meet the criteria, which income should be over LICO + 30% for 5.
Notify IRCC when the baby arrives (congratulations); you are not required to inform yet.

Yes, your LICO requirement will change, and my understanding is tha tit will change for year 2020 only (the year you are expecting the baby to arrive.

Good luck!

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Right, the new family member will be counted for the year when the child is born. Good bless, that is exciting news!
Yes, it is. Thanks for your reply.
Notify IRCC when the baby arrives (congratulations); you are not required to inform yet.

Yes, your LICO requirement will change, and my understanding is tha tit will change for year 2020 only (the year you are expecting the baby to arrive.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply.

I was kinda worried, because if new-born will affect the past 4 years' family size, we may not meet the requirement.

If it will only affect 2020, then it will be a big relief for me. Thank you.

Good luck.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Yes , Key word is " Previous Undertaking " and you dont have any previous undertakings . Both are new undertakings for you and your wife . If as will be in my case where my wife will apply next year and i will be a co signer then there will be a previous undertaking for my wife as she cosigned my application .
The family size (combined) will be 7... in your case as well as in case of your wife.. because the total income is combined - being co-signer to each other..

Unless you show previous undertaking, the total will not be 7...

Again, it should be 7 in your case and in case of your wife also..

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Anyone got ECAS updates today ?

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
Do you think they deliberately processing PGP so slow? For spouse sponsorship people get the approval in 2-3 months only, I believe many international students faked marriage and they get PR real quick while parents of citizens who paid tax wait so long just to get AOR!
Ummm..if I was legitimately married, I would certainly hope they would prioritize processing of spousal applications. I mean in this case we are talking keeping spouses separated in the name of paperwork vs living apart from your parents.

Yes I want my mother to have status here with me as soon as possible. But I am not so focused on my own situation that I don't empathize with others who have needs that are a little more urgent than mine.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I staple my documents? Or how would you suggest to organize all documents?