+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Do you think they deliberately processing PGP so slow? For spouse sponsorship people get the approval in 2-3 months only, I believe many international students faked marriage and they get PR real quick while parents of citizens who paid tax wait so long just to get AOR!
Not deliberate. Just that so many have mistakes on their forms! So more work for the officers to return applications and write letters to ask for corrections.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. The allocated resources and budget for PGP is one of the lowest in the whole process.
Because parents are unlikely to work PGP isn’t a huge priority. That said PGP is being processed much faster than ever before just not as fast as you want. Spousal sponsorship takes 12 months so assume at least that and if it is faster you can be happy.

shellyp

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Hey everyone. For those of you who have access to ECAS... I have a citizenship application going on at the same time as sponsorship. When you access ECAs, does it show both applications? Thanks.

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
I understand the birth certificate has to be translated and with a certified copy.
Do you have to provide a Certified copy of the passport of the parent you are a sponsoring? or just the copy?
Do you have to provide a Certified copy of the Canadian citizenship certificate or residency of the sponsor? or just the copy?

Last edited:

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
IMM008 for parent sponsor.

Is this mandatory to fill the name with the applicant or not? Will they reject or return if this is empty?

Consent to release information to intended province/territory of destination

I, (first name, last name) _________________________ on behalf of myself and all dependants included in this application, authorize citizenship and immigration Canada to share the information collected in this application as well as all supporting documentation with Provincial and Territorial authorities with responsibility for immigration for the purposes of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
hello@ YULIA-2016,HERE IS MY INFORMATION.
User name ------ morinda
invitation received on -25th april 2019
application sent canada post - 13th june 2019
application received at ottawa---14th june 2019
country of parents India
sponsor state ON
Number of sponsered persons ---Two (parents)

Last edited:

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Hey everyone. For those of you who have access to ECAS... I have a citizenship application going on at the same time as sponsorship. When you access ECAs, does it show both applications? Thanks.
Yup, I'm in the same situation. Ecas show both for me

Reactions: shellyp

Zahmd

Jun 20, 2013
I just realized I made the same mistake too. We can still submit the corrected form through Web Form even though we don't have an application number yet?
You can use the UCI number and explain the purpose in the web form.

DreamYYZ

Jun 3, 2018
hello@ YULIA-2016,Can you please add below to the tracker:
User name ------ DREAMYYZ
invitation received on -25th April 2019
application sent Canada post - 10th june 2019
application received at Ottawa---12th june 2019
country of parents - India
sponsor state ON
Number of sponsOred persons ---Two

Reactions: YULIA-2016