+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hey guys - thank you for sharing all of this info! I just realized that instead of writing down $60,XXX in one of my Financial Evaluation years I put down $62,XXX by mistake. However, I checked down the part to allow CIC to review my taxes from CRA. Based on your experience would you recommend to send a notification about this mistake? CIC received the documents on June 11.

Thanks,
As long as your actual income meets the requirements you should be fine. They will just chalk it down to a mistake in transcribing.

Reactions: FabAle

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hey guys, I wonder why parents/ grandparent are not required to submit the travel form in the application package, I believe it is a pretty common document among the additional documents requested during the application review...? Don't you think?

Regarding the data in here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616 does anybody know to whom should I address an inquiry to release the excel file to download to my computer? I want to run the report on the average days in between the dates "application received" and "decision made", from "decision made" to "medical exam", from "medical exam" to "passport request", etc.

Probably to @YULIA-2016 ?

Thank you.

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
In Additional Family information of my mother (sponsored person) we declare that she has a sister and all the info about her. But in my mother's application for travel visa in 2014 we did not declare her, just not applicable. Giving UCI # what are the chances that they will compare the information of that application for travel visa with this PGP application and what are possible consequences?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Issue with Canada post:

I sent my application on June 12 and it was supposed to be received on June 13 but on Canada post tracking, it is still in transit. Does anyone have the same issue?

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
In Additional Family information of my mother (sponsored person) we declare that she has a sister and all the info about her. But in my mother's application for travel visa in 2014 we did not declare her, just not applicable. Giving UCI # what are the chances that they will compare the information of that application for travel visa with this PGP application and what are possible consequences?
misrepresentation is an offense. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/document-misrepresentation.html , but in your case a minor one. Currently there is a new initiative (pilot) to include family members in your application whom were excluded previously, check the following link https://www.cicnews.com/2019/05/new-pilot-for-family-members-previously-excluded-from-canada-will-right-that-wrong-immigration-minister-says-0512341.html#gs.igy6xd

Kunal19

Apr 25, 2019
My parent needs additional sheet for including all the brothers\sisters information in the Form IMM5406. In this case, for the additional sheet, we need to only include the information that is not available in the first sheet, right?
Example: In my case, parent has 3 sisters and 1 brother so only 3 sisters can appear in the first form and 1 brother would appear in the second sheet (with rest all the form blank), right?

Also, do we need to sign on first page or this additional page or both?

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
misrepresentation is an offense. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/document-misrepresentation.html , but in your case a minor one. Currently there is a new initiative (pilot) to include family members in your application whom were excluded previously, check the following link https://www.cicnews.com/2019/05/new-pilot-for-family-members-previously-excluded-from-canada-will-right-that-wrong-immigration-minister-says-0512341.html#gs.igy6xd
My mother's sister is 60 years old, and nobody is going to sponsor her or bring her to Canada, she is well settled back home and has a family. They are just not close as relatives. I think its better to declare her now as this application in more important and we want to be honest. Or its better not to declare her again to be consistent?

sarwar_zahan

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-09-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
02-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
My parent needs additional sheet for including all the brothers\sisters information in the Form IMM5406. In this case, for the additional sheet, we need to only include the information that is not available in the first sheet, right?
Example: In my case, parent has 3 sisters and 1 brother so only 3 sisters can appear in the first form and 1 brother would appear in the second sheet (with rest all the form blank), right?

Also, do we need to sign on first page or this additional page or both?
Make the additional page identical (create table similar to the form), check the following link for a sample https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RuKgTKyaPw_KZR8LIoi54ip4BfVmpDTY/view?usp=sharing , you need to sign all of the additional pages.

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Issue with Canada post:

I sent my application on June 12 and it was supposed to be received on June 13 but on Canada post tracking, it is still in transit. Does anyone have the same issue?
it happened to me the same, I sent on june 11, it was supposed to be received on june 12, i chatted with someone in Canada post web site, finally i was able to see my enveloppe was delivered on june 13.