+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
guys. Any suggestions as to where to get the photo's printed here in Canada. I was at London Drugs and they won't print them unless its taken here. Time is running out and I am frustrated.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Has anyone heard from CIC yet regarding biometrics?

Also, it says that application processing time is between 20-24 months - is that what you guys are seeing as well or is it quicker than that?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
My personal opinion is that, Immigration Consultation is a money-robbing business taking advantage of ignorance, paranoia and laziness.
I find that statement offensive really. Often the same is directed to other professions too.

We should respect everyone for what they do. It is not illegal or robbing. No one forces anyone to pay for the services.

Many people from third world countries have a disdain and prejudice against people who are not professional degree holders. Eg trades people is a big group. I am sure when these immigrants come to Canada and are charged hundreds of dollars for plumbing work they will cry ROBBERY!

Please, respect everyone. We need people with all kinds of expertise and skills. This is what I like about Canada because we dont have such a big income disparity.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Is there a sample for the P & GP apply letter? or what should I write in the letter?
What letter are you referring to? There are forms to fill in the application. There is no need for any letter for the application.

You only need letters to explain discrepancies or deficiencies in your application IF you have them.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Quick Question

There is 9 digit ID at the bottom of each page of IMM1344 and IMM008 . Both form needs validation and the 9 digit ID changes after ever save and validation .

Problem is the signature page 7 has different ID now as it was sent across to India and I got back today .
Shall I scan the recent one and get the it signed again for the 9 digit ID to be matched.??
I just checked my scanned copy that I sent and received by Ottawa on 10th May,
Somehow in my IMM008, there is no 9 digit ID except on page 1.
The form is validated and it has bar codes as well. I am so much worried now. Will they reject my application ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
guys. Any suggestions as to where to get the photo's printed here in Canada. I was at London Drugs and they won't print them unless its taken here. Time is running out and I am frustrated.
Believe the photographer has to see the person for the photos to be valid so you're going to run into problems everywhere.

Reactions: danny_scars

newboy1218

May 6, 2019
What letter are you referring to? There are forms to fill in the application. There is no need for any letter for the application.

You only need letters to explain discrepancies or deficiencies in your application IF you have them.
oh I think I misunderstood.. I think it is the email CIC sent to me to ask me to submit the documents. Thanks!

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

Do I need to submit the divorce proof/letter of explanation if I am sponsoring my mother who has been legally divorced from my father for over 15 years now?

Please advise. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I find that statement offensive really. Often the same is directed to other professions too.

We should respect everyone for what they do. It is not illegal or robbing. No one forces anyone to pay for the services.

Many people from third world countries have a disdain and prejudice against people who are not professional degree holders. Eg trades people is a big group. I am sure when these immigrants come to Canada and are charged hundreds of dollars for plumbing work they will cry ROBBERY!

Please, respect everyone. We need people with all kinds of expertise and skills. This is what I like about Canada because we dont have such a big income disparity.
Nobody is criticizing levels of education or skills. Many consultants charge lots of money for things that aren't needed, some have sketchy deals assuring jobs in exchange for payments, etc. Some consultants charge a lot more than immigration lawyers and other consultants. There are good consultants/lawyers and there are others who see the possibility to exploit people's desperation to immigrate, study or reunite with family. This is no different than any other industry or profession. Many used a consultant and after realizing how much money they spent see an opportunity to make a lot of money when they move to Canada. As I mentioned before many feel they can trust members of their own communities and may not be doing their due diligence. Keep doing your research, call around, talk to others who have immigrated and be very careful about signing contracts. Many consultants and lawyers will tell you that it will be too complicated to apply by yourself but people should at least attempt it before paying thousands of dollars especially if they don't have thousands of dollars to spare.

Reactions: Canada_Super

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I just checked my scanned copy that I sent and received by Ottawa on 10th May,
Somehow in my IMM008, there is no 9 digit ID except on page 1.
The form is validated and it has bar codes as well. I am so much worried now. Will they reject my application ?

Should I regenerate and resend or wait for communication. God, I am so tensed now.