+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ihg

May 9, 2019
My Application Received on May 1st, There is no update on ECASE and I cant link the application in my account.
I start become nerves.
Wait for 1 week as they are still working and every case is different
@YULIA-2016 - Please update the tracker. My ECAS status says Application received on May 3rd. And this status was there since May 8th.
Are you able to link it with your online account

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
You are good then income wise
i think it is income only for eligibility criteria. is there any other criteria for eligibility to sponsor?

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Make sure none of the below have applies to you:

You can’t sponsor your parents and grandparents if:

• you’re less than 18 years old
  • you won’t live in Canada when you apply to sponsor
  • Your primary residential address must be in Canada when you submit your application and until we make a decision on your application.
  • you’re not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada
  • you’re a temporary resident, that is you’re visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit
  • your permanent residence application is still in process
  • You must have permanent resident status at the time you submit your sponsorship application.
  • your proof of income shows you don’t have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor

You may not be eligible to sponsor your parents and grandparents if you:

• are in jail, prison, or penitentiary
  • didn’t pay back: an immigration loan/ a performance bond / court-ordered family support payments such as alimony or child support
  • didn’t give the financial support you agreed to when you signed a sponsorship agreement to sponsor someone else in the past
  • declared bankruptcy and are not discharged
  • receive social assistance (except disability ground)
  • were convicted of a violent criminal offence, any offence against a relative or any sexual offence inside or outside Canada
  • can’t legally stay in Canada and must leave the country because you received a Removal Order

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Once you link your application to your account, you’ll no longer get messages by mail. We’ll contact you through your account.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
That's not true, you still get the documents by email even if your application is linked.
My wife's sponsorship application is linked and when there's an update, she gets 2 emails: one indicates "there's a new message in your account", the other usually contains the document that you can find on GCKey

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
That's not true, you still get the documents by email even if your application is linked.
My wife's sponsorship application is linked and when there's an update, she gets 2 emails: one indicates "there's a new message in your account", the other usually contains the document that you can find on GCKey
I am stating what the CIC website is saying. It mentioned "mail". User also reported in this thread that they didn't get the AOR after linking their applications.

Reactions: danny_scars

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

JY5

May 15, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please update me on the spread sheet. Thanks
Username: JY5
Sponsored: Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: CHINA
Province: ONTARIO
Invitation Received: April 25, 2019
Application received: May 2, 2019
Link: June 10, 2019
E-CASE: June 11, 2019 showed appl received on May 2, 2019

Jolly1234

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please update me on the spread sheet. Thanks
Username: JY5
Sponsored: Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship: CHINA
Province: ONTARIO
Invitation Received: April 25, 2019
Application received: May 2, 2019
Link: June 10, 2019
E-CASE: June 11, 2019 showed appl received on May 2, 2019
Can you please let me know what is link you said?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
so I was able to reach the agent but got the most useless answer ever, all she can say is that I will receive an email or letter in writing with the decision and she cannot disclose any more details. It makes me soooooo nervous right now, there has not been anything updated yet. I am pretty sure I met all 3 years income and even has my wife as cosigner. Despite repeating asking for details, the agent would not disclose anything, all she says is that I will receive written notification of results. Now I am like standing on fire!
wouldn't CIC ask for Medicals and PCC before updating the status in ecas to "Decision Made"?